Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question about Upgrading psp custom firmware

Hello,

I've got a psp that a friend at my old work hacked up for me. I think it's got custom firmware 4xx? on it. not quite sure. I was wondering if anyone could tell me or link me to some kind of guide on how to upgrade it and maybe point out things I need to be especially careful of so as not to brick it. I know the bloke at work didn't do the pandora battery hack if that's of any use.

thanks

You should be able to go straight to the latest. That's 5.50 GEN-D3, and then if you install the Prometheus addon it'll be able to play all the current games that require 6.20 official firmware.

You can also go to 5.00 M33-6, which is the last one from the guy who used to do them all and some people find more stable. That's capable of running the latest games but you'll have to patch the ISOs themselves.

Comment

neko is your man!

he was great helping me out years ago with firmware antics

Comment

Indeed Neko did my PSP for me a couple of years back. I have moved to 5-50 Prometheus myself and find it fine. Not had any problems so far.

Comment

My PSP has a really old CFW on it and when I looked at various guides online some recommend updating in steps till you get to the latest firmware whereas this thread and some other places recommend going straight to the latest CFW. Is there any advantage in installing them all in order?

Confused...

Comment

I'm still confused too. what do i need to do exactly? I tried to follow a guide but got kind of lost. once o've downloaded the files, what exactly do i do with them? where do i put them?
            Do I need to download the official firmware and chance the name of it or something?

sorry for being a complete moron.

Comment

Working...
            X