Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting up 360 with HDMi

Hey guys,

We I finally got round to switching my 360 to HDMi but I'm running into a problem...I cant get it to display anythig

Using component or comp**** it's fine but plug in a HDMi cable & bugger all no picture nothing.

Cable is fine as are the TV connections (Works in every socket & with all my other equipment) but the 360 just nothing

I've tried the reset (Y Button & RT on bootup) but still nothing

Any ideas on what to try now or is it the dreaded broken HDMi port issue with the 360 itself??

Ta muchly

Neil

I had something weird like that happen on my tv the first time I used it, I think HDMI communicates between devices in a but more depth than normal video connections. Try turning off your xbox and tv at the wall. Maybe try turning them on in a different order, one tv I had the xbox wouldn't physically boot until I turned the tv on

Comment

Thanks for that.

I've tried everything & nothings working at all

I'm pretty sure now it's an issue with the Xbox HDMi output
      Being a Jap unit there's no way I can send it to MS for a repair so I think I'll be going the VGA route now instead

Neil

Comment

Is that the 360 I sold you a while back Neil?, I had it hooked up via HDMI to my monitor and had no issues, have you tried resetting the display settings by holding down the right trigger & Y button then turning the console on without a game in the drive.

EDIT: Just read you did the RT & Y thing, is your TV HDCP compliant?
        Last edited by Phar; 13-08-2010, 09:12.

Comment

Plug your HDMI cable into your xbox but not your TV

turn on the xbox with the button

Does the ring of light spin around in a normal boot sequence or does the power light come on and nothing else happens?

Comment

Originally posted by Phar View Post
            Is that the 360 I sold you a while back Neil?, I had it hooked up via HDMI to my monitor and had no issues, have you tried resetting the display settings by holding down the right trigger & Y button then turning the console on without a game in the drive.

EDIT: Just read you did the RT & Y thing, is your TV HDCP compliant?
            Yeah it's that bad boy

I'd have thought it is HDCP compliant (Panasonic G20 Plasma)

Strange that it did work when you had it though

Boris,

When you turn the machine on but nothing plugged into the Telly it does the usual green spinny thing & then registers the Player 1 light.

When I do the RT & Y thing it does the same to show it's resetting & then registers player 1 & nothing at all after that.

Thanks for the help guys.

Neil

Comment

Do you get any sound at all through HDMI Neil?, only other things I can suggest is trying it on someone elses TV, also done a bit of reading around and it seems updates can stop some peoples 360's displaying an image over HDMI, a few people have navigated the menus blindly to get to the display settings and got it working again. The threads here

Might be slightly different depending on whether anythings changed on the dashboard since, you could always hook it up via component and count the key presses yourself and then try it with the HDMI cable, got to be worth a try anyway.

Comment

My console won't boot when I plug the hdmi cable into only my xbox. The power light comes on but the rol doesn't spin until I plug the other end into the tv

It sounds like either
                A setting isn't right
                The cable is faulty
                Or the hdmi port is broken.

Comment

could be an hdmi handshake issue?

make sure the set is on the hdmi channel before switching the xbox on

Absence of video on 360's can also mean pending E-74 error/3 rings of joy

Comment

One thing that hits me us that the 360 should flash red lights if there are no AV cables, not boot which yours seems to of done.

Are you using an optical output adapter?

What happens if you turn it on with nothing plugged in?
                    Last edited by EvilBoris; 13-08-2010, 13:20.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                      One thing that hits me us that the 360 should flash red lights if there are no AV cables, not boot which yours seems to of done.

Are you using an optical output adapter?

What happens if you turn it on with nothing plugged in?
                      Thats what I thought, will try tonight when I get home.

Phar,

I get no sound either nothing at all which is what makes me think it might be the HDMi port on the 360 itself.
                      I did read somewhere that there is a fuse that can blow to stop damage to the motherboard if the cable is removed while powered on & I don't think I've done that but I did fiddle with it to see if it was making a connection so could be I did do something to it.

Neil

Comment

Working...
                      X