Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I use my Saturn USB controller on my Xbox 1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I use my Saturn USB controller on my Xbox 1?

This mod shows how to install a USB port to the original Xbox:

But I'm going to need to buy a USB extender cable, and a special 6 point screwdriver to open the bastard up (still has those damned safety screws).

Can anyone confirm that after installing it, USB controllers like my USB Saturn pad will work with XPort's emulators? Because I really don't feel going to all this trouble to find that I can't actually my new controller. The mod tutorial talks about Xbox Linux, which I won't be using. I've no idea if Xport's emulators even support additional USB devices.

Generally I'm fed up with using the S Controller, which despite being better than the old controller (YEURGH! ) is still jolly uncomfortable. For retro emulation I just want to use the Saturn pad.

Any advice? Is there maybe some kind of adapter I can buy/make?

You can buy a female usb connector that plugs into one of the the xboxes joypad ports but I have no idea if that would let you use a USB pad. I'm guessing not but I'm sure someone will clear this matter up.

I bought one of the cables from a seller on Amazon recently but haven't used it yet. Didn't buy it for a pad although I too could do with a better option than the S Controller.

Comment

doesnt work im afraid...at least my pad doesnt

Comment

I also tried this once, to no avail.

Female USB to Xbox USB.

It wouldn't be hard to padhack it I guess, but you'd have to REALLY want to use it.

I've got one of these for my Xbox when I'm using emulators.

Online shopping for Import Video Games, Digital Codes, iTunes Cards, Mobage & PSN Cards, Movies, Music, Electronics, Computers, Software, Books, Apparel, Personal Care, Toys & more.

Comment

I use a Magic Box, which lets me connect Saturn controllers, PlayStation controllers and Dreamcast controllers to the XBox. Might not be so easy to find these days though.

Comment

??

My TE works on original Xbox now, with the female USB to Xbox adaptor. Yay!

Comment

That is indeed the one! I used to have another one that was modded with a standard USB cable for use on PC.

Comment

Cheers all, most appreciated!

EDIT:
                Ordered Magic Box from Consolesandgadgets, will leave feedback once it arrives.

Shakeyjake, I'm counting on your positive comments!
                Last edited by Sketcz; 19-08-2010, 11:00.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                  My TE works on original Xbox now, with the female USB to Xbox adaptor. Yay!
                  Sorry to go OT but speedlolita by "TE" I guess you mean the "Mad Catz Street Fighter IV FightStick Tournament Edition"? If so is it the Xbox 360 or PS3 version? and could you explain how you managed to get it to work on the original Xbox?

Comment

Originally posted by Link83 View Post
                    Sorry to go OT but speedlolita by "TE" I guess you mean the "Mad Catz Street Fighter IV FightStick Tournament Edition"? If so is it the Xbox 360 or PS3 version? and could you explain how you managed to get it to work on the original Xbox?

The PCB on the left is a MC Cthulhu which support multiple consoles. Xbox use USB so if I use my regular female USB to Xbox adaptor I can use it on the console. MC Cthulhu cost about ?35, so they're not cheap - but it's well worth it imo..

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                      http://ntsc-uk.domino.org/showthread...=93621&page=93

The PCB on the left is a MC Cthulhu which support multiple consoles. Xbox use USB so if I use my regular female USB to Xbox adaptor I can use it on the console. MC Cthulhu cost about ?35, so they're not cheap - but it's well worth it imo..
                      Ah I see, thanks for the info

Comment

I don't know if it is any use but there is a Magic box device that lets you use a genuine Saturn controller on Xbox1. I sold one on here a while back as they are pretty hard to find these days..

Magic Box for XboxUse your PlayStation or PlayStation2 controller on the XboxUse your Dreamcast controller on the XboxUse your Saturn controller on the XboxWith memory card slotUse your most preferred pad for playing on the XboxThe Magic Box adapter allows you to connect any PS/PS2, Dreamcast or Saturn controller to be connected to the Xbox. Additionally it features a memory unit slot to save progress to any external Xbox memory card. Please note that this product does not support 6 button Arcade Dreamcast sticks!

Hehe - just read http://ntsc-uk.domino.org/showpost.p...72&postcount=5
                        Could be the one I sold as mine was modded with standard USB
                        Last edited by smouty; 19-08-2010, 14:16.

Comment

Can anyone confirm whether the female usb to xbox controller adapter is any use for plugging in other pads. Or is it only useful for the soft mod? Cheers

Comment

Working...
                          X