Where's a good place to get a TV from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where's a good place to get a TV from?

I'm looking a 4:3 21incher for my kitchen, so where should I look for one?
    Anywhere good on-line?

I seen a nice Samsung 21" flat screen in Currys for ?150, but they are out of stock in all their branches that are anywhere near me (Belfast).

www.empiredirect.co.uk have a Sony 21 incher for ?150 or so IIRC.

Found it:

HERE

Comment

Very nice! Ordered!

Thanks Mr Ono

One little thing though. I entered my postcode for postage and it gave me a price etc.
      After I had processed the order etc the final page which I printed off says Delivery UK mainland only!!! but my order went through ok, and it never mentiond this until my order had gone through????

Comment

BASTARDS!!!!!!!!!

Got a phone call just now to say the TV is out of stock, and they won't be getting them back in ft:

I phoned them this morning to check about the postage and they never mentioned that it was out of stock.

This is now the 3rd TV i've ordered from various places only to be told that it is out of stock a day or so later.

Anyone else know of any good deals going?

Comment

www.robertsons.com (or .co.uk I forget)

Comment

Originally posted by spinpug666
            BASTARDS!!!!!!!!!

Got a phone call just now to say the TV is out of stock, and they won't be getting them back in ft:

I phoned them this morning to check about the postage and they never mentioned that it was out of stock.

This is now the 3rd TV i've ordered from various places only to be told that it is out of stock a day or so later.
            This happened to me a few times also - it seems most places are not ordering 4:3s anymore. I eventually got that Sony 4:3 21incher from Argos - they may have some left. I've found it to be a really good telly too.

Comment

Only time I ordered from empiredirect it was the same story. Told me a few days later that my items were out of stock (speaker stands). wtf. Put me right off em.

Other places for TV's, er. Try tesco.com
              They are doing a 21" Toshiba for ?140. No idea if it's rgb or ntsc compatible though. And it's mono (which wouldnt bother me cos everything goes through speakers).

Comment

i bought the 29" version of the sony 4:3 and delivery was superb off them.

Though people have different experiances with different companies <cough> goblin.

Bri

Comment

I ordered the same Sony TV 21'' from rgbdirect, but again the next day they phoned to say it was out of stock ft:

I'm getting nowhere with finding a damn TV

Comment

Get that nice 21" Sony from Currys in Lisburn mate, last time I was in they had it.

Its a bit more expensive, but it has the NICEST picture quality I've ever seen from a 21". Absolutely gorgeous!

Comment

I think they want ?250 for the 21'' Sony in Curries. Online I found it for ?170inc postage, but everywhere is out of stock

Comment

I got the Sony 21" from Comet in Leeds - had to travel from a different store to collect it.

BTW, the one for ?150 is the one without Nicam/RGB Scart Sockets. The more expensive version (KV-21LS30U) is the one you want. Think i paid ?249 in Comet so didnt break the bank

Comment

Originally posted by androo
                          BTW, the one for ?150 is the one without Nicam/RGB Scart Sockets. The more expensive version (KV-21LS30U) is the one you want. Think i paid ?249 in Comet so didnt break the bank
                          nice tv that, i have it worth getting for the good rgb scart picture

Comment

Got a Sony 21'' finally marked down from ?250 to ?200 from Sony centre
                            I cant remember what model it is, but it only has one speaker which doesn't bother me as everything goes through an amp.

lovely RGB picture too!

Comment

Working...
                            X