PSP Video 9 PS3 format problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSP Video 9 PS3 format problem

I'm in the process of converting some DVDs to AVI so I can stream them to my 360. I'm using the latest version of PSP Video 9 which has - as well as a terrible GUI - the option of converting to PS3 format, which luckily is also compatible with streaming to 360 via Media Player 11. I've tried XVid and I've tried MPRG-4 AVC. Ripping a VOB file from a DVD then converting a 30 second test file works a treat but I'm finding that if I try to convert a full film, the conversion process never ends. It sits at 99% while the frames and seconds processed go beyond the total frames and duration and it never ever ends. It just goes on for ever. Anybody know how I can get this working properly? Or can anybody recommend another application I can use for converting VOB files to more compressed AVI files?

Thanks.

I use XviD4PSP to convert ripped DVDs to AVI files. Despite the "PSP" in the name, it is equally able to convert files for use on PS3, XBox 360, iPods, iPads etc. I've never had any issues converting full length feature films.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I've since had success with other films, so it just seems to be one film that has this problem. I've since decrypted the film again, but the problem persists with the new VOB file. Very strange. If it happens again with others I'll give XviD4PSP a bash.

Thanks.

Comment

Jay, have you tried including subtitles using PSP Video 9? I've got a couple of foreign language things I want to convert for my PSP but am not having much joy with DVD Shrink and XviD4PSP.

Cheers,
        BB

Comment

Sorry but I've never tried. There's a checkbox for subtitles if you're using avisynth, but I've no idea how you would get it to work.
          Last edited by Jay; 08-09-2010, 01:39.

Comment

Working...
          X