Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thomson SpeedTouch 330 USB modem on Windows 7 PC? Do drivers exist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thomson SpeedTouch 330 USB modem on Windows 7 PC? Do drivers exist?

I did a search on here and couldn't find a topic, and googling brings up lots of questions on lots of other forums, but as of yet no definite answer.

Since they apparently can't be bothered to create drivers to run Thomson SpeedTouch 330 USB modems on Windows 7 operating systems, it's not officially supported and when I last tried to set it up on a relative's new computer, it absolutely wouldn't work.

It's apparently the 64 bit version of Windows 7, and the only available drivers I've found are actually the Vista drivers which some people claim work on Win 7 - except they didn't for me.

They can't get a router for ethernet cable connection (it's a long story), so it's either a USB modem or no net connection (in which case the brand new PC goes in the loft never to be used).

Are there custom drivers to get the old Thomson SpeedTouch 330 USB modem working on Windows 7 computers? Is there a workaround? The modem worked fine on their old Vista system after a lot of hassle to find the correct drivers.

Does Windows 7 even support USB modems?

Also keep in mind the PC is French, so any explanation is going to have to be idiot proof, since I hate fiddling with a French language OS.
    Last edited by Sketcz; 08-09-2010, 12:21.

Vista Drivers generally work fine on 7 , but scouting google says that people had trouble with 64bit ones.

there is some info of how to get 32bit ones working here but that probablz wont help much
    GuruHT provide you with tech support, news, tutorials and more helpful articles for technology fans.

Comment

Thanks for replying.

Can anyone claim to have gotten it to work on a 64 bit system?

Comment

Working...
      X