XBox VGA Box Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XBox VGA Box Question

I recently bought an XBox VGA box from Aegen and I'm very happy with it (Cheers m8 ) .

But I have a question. The box has a composite output as well as the VGA output so that it can display the dashboard on a standard TV (my monitor won't accept an interlaced signal).

Now I've been told that running both the TV and monitor at the same time might damage the VGA box. The question is, can I have both connected up and only have one switched on (either the monitor or the TV) at any one time? Or will this still cause problems?

I'd like to know, because the rear of my XBox if very difficult to get to and I don't want to have to change leads every time I want to look at the XBox dash.

Cheers in advance,

Jez

Originally posted by Brats
    I recently bought an XBox VGA box from Aegen and I'm very happy with it (Cheers m8 ) .

But I have a question. The box has a composite output as well as the VGA output so that it can display the dashboard on a standard TV (my monitor won't accept an interlaced signal).

Now I've been told that running both the TV and monitor at the same time might damage the VGA box. The question is, can I have both connected up and only have one switched on (either the monitor or the TV) at any one time? Or will this still cause problems?

I'd like to know, because the rear of my XBox if very difficult to get to and I don't want to have to change leads every time I want to look at the XBox dash.

Cheers in advance,

Jez
    hi,

you could always try it that way m8. just make sure that you dont turn on both the monitor and the TV at the same time. always connect TV to the compnsite yellow input and don't turn on your monitor while using your TV for setting up the dashboard.

i don't know exactly what will happen to your VGA box when you turn on both the monitor and the TV. it could damage your VGA box, monitor and you TV. either way it is not really recommended to turn on two devices using the VGA box.

cheers!

Comment

The Xbox vga box you have is similar to mine, and www.xboxvga.com reckon theres no problem connecting both composite video and vga simultaneously, except that while the TV is connected the vga signal will not be strong enough.

xboxvga.com also say theres no problem plugging in the vga or composite video cables while its running.

... however, the xbox vga box I bought off aegen never worked. It is definately broken, the sync signals are screwed. The only thing i can think of is that hooking up composite and vga at the same time bust it.

Comment

Originally posted by Papercut
        The Xbox vga box you have is similar to mine, and www.xboxvga.com reckon theres no problem connecting both composite video and vga simultaneously, except that while the TV is connected the vga signal will not be strong enough.

xboxvga.com also say theres no problem plugging in the vga or composite video cables while its running.

... however, the xbox vga box I bought off aegen never worked. It is definately broken, the sync signals are screwed. The only thing i can think of is that hooking up composite and vga at the same time bust it.

hi mate,

just wondering why your vga box is not working. it just came to me recently that probably the reason why you vga box is not working is that it needs a NTSC HD pack. i can only assume that you are currently using a UK HD pack which probably is the reason why your VGA box is not working on the CV01. i did used the VGA box before on my monitor using a NTSC HD pack and it did worked. i even tried it on my US GC with again a NTSC HD pack and it worked. maybe using a PAL HD pack is reason why it is not working on yours.

if you are using a NTSC HD pack however, then i am baffled. maybe its your monitor.....

cheers!

Comment

I'm using a US HD pack, there isn't a UK one.

My monitor is basically the same as yours, and I've even tried another monitor. I know these monitors work fine with 480p from the GameCube and DC.

Trust me, the vga box is dead.

Comment

Working...
          X