SATA hard drive connector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SATA hard drive connector

hi, i was recently given a laptop without a hard drive. i ordered a SATA 2.5" laptop HD but when it arrived it wouldn't fit/connect to the pins. im guessing i need a HD bay/connector but im not sure which part i need. any help would be great : ) thanks

Needs more info! Make/Model of laptop? Maybe the caddy part is just missing.

Comment

hi mate, its a HP Pavillion DV2000. there's pins in the slot on my laptop (rising up) and connections on my HD (sideways) but i cant see how they connect? im a complete novice with this stuff...

Comment

Photos would help if possible?

Comment

i cant take any photo's...i think i need this...http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SATA-HD-Hard-D...item2a09f8ec54

Comment

It does sound like it, however I can't confirm. That laptop would definitely require a SATA hard drive, so maybe that whole caddy is missing if it doesn't fit.

Comment

That looks fine to me.

The picture of the grey bit with the screws is most important as that fits over the sata connector on your hard drive and lets it fit into the laptop.

Although the auction says DV6000 and DV9000, it looks pretty similar to the caddies specifically for the DV2000.

Even so, I'd be cautious in case there are slight differences you can't spot in the photos and would recommend you go for ones that specifically state DV2000:

They're around a tenner all in which is a few more quid than the link you gave but you have the peace of mind from ordering from a UK seller instead of Hong Kong for delivery speed and possibility of returning it cheaply if it's wrong.

Comment

yeh i ordered another one for the Dv2000 as i only noticed after that it was only for Dv9000 models : (

one of them will hopefully work!

Comment

You should be fine. It's just the metal caddy and plastic bit, I imagine to get to the hard drive you unscrew a plastic cover? The cover would be the thing I'd expect to be different for each laptop (I think the main difference between DV2000 and 9000 is the laptop size) so if you have that then hopefully the caddy will just slot in.

Comment

Working...
                  X