Crazy taxi PSP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crazy taxi PSP

Hi, does the psp version of Crazy Taxi have the same soundtrack as the DC/PS2 version? Also is it any good? Cheers.

Originally posted by SuperDanX View Post
    Hi, does the psp version of Crazy Taxi have the same soundtrack as the DC/PS2 version?
    No, it doesn't have the same soundtrack as the original. Music is the same general style though. I think you can use custom soundtracks if you need to listen to the Offspring etc.

Originally posted by SuperDanX View Post
    Also is it any good? Cheers.
    If you like Crazy Taxi then I would say "definitely".

Comment

Cool thanks, why the original music isn't included I don't know? Can't have cost anymore cash to relicence some old offspring tunes, than new stuff? Ah Sega.

Comment

I guess the licences had expired / didn't apply to other formats and Sega couldn't afford / be bothered to renew them. I am pretty sure it doesn't have the shop/restaurant licenses from the original either.

It does have some multi-player options too but I have never tried them (don't know anyone else with the game).

Comment

I remember reading that they tried to get the licences for the music for the forthcoming XBLA/PSN version, but the cost of the licences would have cost more than the development of the game itself.

I've always found it hillarious that Sega paid other companies to use their store names in the game, rather than offering advertising opportunities to such chains and claiming the royalties. It's a kind of reverse advertising that only Sega would be silly enough to do.
          Last edited by sj33; 13-10-2010, 08:10.

Comment

Working...
          X