Purple / cyan LEDs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Purple / cyan LEDs?

Where can I get em? I remember people talking about using purple and cyan leds in their gamecubes, but I have no idea where sells them, any hints?

ta

Originally posted by teacup
    Where can I get em? I remember people talking about using purple and cyan leds in their gamecubes, but I have no idea where sells them, any hints?

ta
    maplins

3mm
    3.3v LED

I think??

Comment

I can only find a few colours on maplin, red, green, yellow, blue. There are some other colours but they're 5mm leds.

Comment

Purple led's are very hard to find, try RS components http://rswww.com

Has anyone got a link to a guide for changing the Gamecube Led?

Comment

Found this one, it only covers changing the led to a different one, not switching it for each region tho

Comment

You can also use Tri coloured LEDs then you can get any colour in the spectrum, with a Double Pole, Double Throw switch and a load of LEDs you can get a nice seperate colour for US and one for Japanese.

Comment

I think it is strange idea for me, but mine is orange and it is perfect for Spice gamecube

Comment

Originally posted by MD
                You can also use Tri coloured LEDs then you can get any colour in the spectrum, with a Double Pole, Double Throw switch and a load of LEDs you can get a nice seperate colour for US and one for Japanese.
                How do tri-coloured leds work? I could only find one but it only does red through to green, so no blue-ey colours.

Going to have to study me electronics a bit more I think, it get very complicated

Comment

How hot do leds get? Could I use a white led with some coloured plastic over it (sweetie wrapper) to change the colour? Don't see why it wouldn't work but I wouldn't fancy having bits of plastic in there if it gets too hot.

Comment

Working...
                  X