Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
    Sounds almost certain it's the HDD now.

Try getting a USB bootable linux with HDD repair tools, try to run some disk checkers just to verify it's getting physical errors before you RMA it.
    I will do.

It's odd that if it is the SSD, why it only plays up after awhile, considering the way it stores data is different than typical HDDs.

I re-installed the OS onto the secondary HDD and so far it seems fine.

Comment

PC locked up again after another fresh install on the SSD.

Checking the event viewer seems to mention something about volsnap and shadow copying... WTF??

I'm almost certain it isn't a hardware issue, but I can't give up and allow my PC to become a doorstop after only 3 weeks.

Comment

I've pretty much exhausted what I can physically do to check hardware.

I'm starting to think it's something to do with the internet browsers.

For a start, whenever it it freezes and locks up it always seems to be mostly when I was using firefox.
        I've stopped using firefox just to see if it made a difference.
        Explorer also laggs and stutters and freezes at random points, but never locks up completely that I can't even Ctl Alt Del.

I've still no idea why this would happen... But it's somehow conflicting with the SSD and memory.

Comment

Originally posted by Supergoal View Post
          PC locked up again after another fresh install on the SSD.

Checking the event viewer seems to mention something about volsnap and shadow copying... WTF??

I'm almost certain it isn't a hardware issue, but I can't give up and allow my PC to become a doorstop after only 3 weeks.
          You need to provide more details about what's logged in event viewer including the descriptions for each event, can't give any suggestions otherwise. I would still say it's a hardware issue though, hard to lock up the O/S with software these days. Using an internet browser is just a good trigger for the underlying fault you have it would seem.

Comment

Originally posted by Hohum View Post
            You need to provide more details about what's logged in event viewer including the descriptions for each event, can't give any suggestions otherwise. I would still say it's a hardware issue though, hard to lock up the O/S with software these days. Using an internet browser is just a good trigger for the underlying fault you have it would seem.
            You could be right.

After 2 days of perfect use, this morning I went to turn it own and it gave me a BSOD everytime at the Windows Logo boot screen...

Really odd why it was absolutely fine for the last 2 days only for it to pack in the next morning.

I'm so pissed off with it. I took it back to the PC shop just before and see what they can do with it for the second time in 2 weeks. Not to mention they charge me for the privilege of buying their broken **** and then charging me every-time it breaks thereafter

Comment

Working...
            X