Game Storage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Game Storage

Not sure where this thread belongs, but I'm wondering where, what and how people store their game collections?

I currently have a pretty hefty game collection. currently they are in two small book cases, but both are full and other games overflow around the place. Now I aint a big fan of selling games, mainly cause most of my older titles arent really worth selling.

So what is my best approach. Thin the collection out, put the rest in boxes and in the roof space? Or is there another way of storing the games?

I have one shelf that can hold 85 games. This used to be ample for my PlayStation games (by which I mean PS1, PS2, PSP and PS3). It's now 15 PSP games, and 70 PS3 games. The other games are in the top section of a wardrobe, so are still accessible.
    When it becomes more than 85 PS3 games then I will look into other means of storage or perhaps thin out the collection.

Back in the day I used to use boxes like these and stack them up in the loft.
    Last edited by J0e Musashi; 31-10-2010, 20:29.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I think I will have to severely thin the collection out and move alot into the loft in some of those boxes. My small book shelves hold about 120 games each .....

Crumbs.

Comment

I just went to B&Q and bought some of those adjustable shelving brackets that clip into rails & bought 8 shelves. Holds pretty much my entire collection & they are really strong so they dont wobble at all or fall of the wall. Theres 300+ games on there & theres still room for more. Bonus is because they are adjustable i can vary the spacing for box sets & stuff or add more shelves to it.

Comment

I think my GF would kill me if I done that! Hmmm, thinking under the stairs could become my games hidden den now.

After following you in the show us your games purchases thread, I cant believe thats your entire collection!

Comment

I keep everything mint in a shoebox with only the discs "out in the wild". Even have some old xbox1 games boxes still in mint with the hologram logo on the opening side.

Comment

My main PS2 collection is on the wall in my living room via some cheap and cheerful shelves from Ikea.

The rest of my stuff is in boxes I purchased from Wilko. Clear plastic and hold around 50 odd dvd sized cases. Does the job ok.

Comment

All of my games are currently in cardboard boxes under my bed. lol

Well, cept for BlazBlue and SSFIV in my drawer.

Comment

handy location for the kitchen roll in case of accidents?

Comment

I've been thinking about something like this recently.

And then storing the cases/manuals up in the loft.

Comment

Working...
                    X