New PS3 Controller Sync

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New PS3 Controller Sync

Right just recieved my new console from Console Doctor... Trying to sync up my old dualshock to it and whenever i unplug the controller it will turn off and not turn on. I'm thinking it might be that it will need charging, any suggestions fellas?

Oh yeah, this is the only controller i have Console Doctor don't give you a controller with a trade in. :/

Plugged it in with USB ?

edit: I should read better *palm*

What about plugging it in with the USB cable and then using the ps button on the pad to turn the machine on - does that work? As you said it might need a charge I guess though.

Comment

Try resetting the controller, if you look on the back you'll see a pin sized hole, press that in and then see if it'll register.

Comment

Originally posted by kernow View Post
        Plugged it in with USB ?

edit: I should read better *palm*

What about plugging it in with the USB cable and then using the ps button on the pad to turn the machine on - does that work? As you said it might need a charge I guess though.
        Yeah i tried that. It won't turn the console on plugged in either. Will give it a proper good charge though. I haven't used the controller in like two weeks and even then it might have been nearly dead. See how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Phar View Post
          Try resetting the controller, if you look on the back you'll see a pin sized hole, press that in and then see if it'll register.
          Tried that already.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post
            Tried that already.
            Mmmm, is there any options on the xmb to register controllers then, think there is but not sure if that's just for Move and the BD remote. As you said, it might just need a good recharge.

Comment

No there isn't only to assign which controller number it is. Been charging it for an hour now still happening, don't know whether my battery is dead or not.

Comment

I know a few people who've used Console Doctor with a console being returned and not working as it should. I'm not sure how that would affect this problem though.

Can you borrow a controller from somebody to see what happens?

Also, is the controller definitely a Sony controller rather than a third part imitation? The last firmware update which requires that all USB equipment must be white listed by Sony for it to work with the PS3. People who have bought imitation DS3s find that they no longer work.

I'm not sure how you are doing it but I'd try charging it up but not through the PS3, leave it charge for a couple of hours then just do the reset thing. When you switch everything back on switch the PS3 on before the controller.

From what you've described I'd be surprised if it was your PS3, it sounds more like a problem on the controller side. It could just be that Console Doctor have sent.

Also, do you have a cat or a hairy kid?

I ask as I seem to remember reading ages ago that somebody's cat destroyed their controller with static electricity. Not sure if that's true but I think it's a good story.

Comment

Nah nothing like that John. Just picked a new official one at my local HMV. My old one was an official white one from JPN when they first released Dualshocks. Looks like the battery is dead on it, it just keeps charging. I think i had it charging while my console YLOD.

My new pad works absolutly fine now though.

Haven't had much luck lately!

Comment

There was a problem with the manufacturing of the white DS3's. There are known problems with them working on non-JPN hardware. It's probably what has happened here.
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
                    X