PSP Go video converter review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSP Go video converter review

For those 12 people that purchased the PSP Go! Here’s something that might interest you. Providing of course you haven’t already flogged the system off. I bought this PSP Go video converter for £29.99

If you wanted to play your PSP Go system on a LCD TV you were forced into a letter boxed mode. No matter which aspect ratios you’ve chosen (well, for my TV at least) the screen would not be full screen.

Until now.
    With a flick of a switch it fills in the screen completely.
    to give you an impression of the difference I’ve tried to take some (hackneyed) shots with my iPhone, so excuse the quality.

Standard size

The biggest sized screen I could get by going through my screen options

Using the converter

It actually makes the PSP a half decent attempt at a home console.
    Though still doesn't make up for the fact that PSN is pap with no Crisis Core/ Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep. But at least I can use my Dual Shock 3 with Peace Walker.

Overall, I'm very pleased with the output, and would give it a 8/10 for effort. Shame the same couldn't be said of the Go!
    Last edited by jimtendo; 11-11-2010, 16:36.

I could set my Bravia to full screen my PSP Go. D:

Comment

Looks great.

That info page says that the unit adapter is powered with the original PSP Charger and shows the older non-PSP Go style adapter being used. I didn't get one of them with my Go. Do I need to invest in a older PSP adapter as well?

Comment

You do Jon. The Go connector is used as TV out from the PSP. The convertor is powered by a 1/2/3000 PSU.
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
          ... Do I need to invest in a older PSP adapter as well?
          I thought I had to purchase an original PSP adaptor, but thankfully the whole package comes with it's own adaptor to power the PSP Go.

Comment

Do the games looks really grainy on the big screen? They look great on the PSP but I imagine them to look really grainy when stratched on an HDTV.

Comment

Working...
            X