online gaming ps3 GB usage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

online gaming ps3 GB usage?

at the moment i have a D/L 10gb limit and am going to start abit of online gaming on the ps3. Is this enough? I wont be sitting on it for hours, but wondering if its worthwhile upgrading. Anyone online game (moderate useage) on a 10gb limit

cheers

I very much doubt you'll get anywhere near that. It's not very intensive.
    More importantly, how much of your 10GB do you use on normal stuff already?

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
      I very much doubt you'll get anywhere near that. It's not very intensive.
      More importantly, how much of your 10GB do you use on normal stuff already?
      not alot charles about an hour per evening max

Comment

Playing a game of MW2 with 15 other players may use anything around 100kbps without lag. Every 10 seconds you'd use 1MB; every minute and you'd use roughly 6MB; 1 hour of usage and you may use around 360Mb.

Obviously their are many factors regarding how much you download depending on your internet speed, the game's netcode, gaps of low bandwith downloading during breaks between matches etc. But you could get a fair amount of play time from 10GB i'd imagine, but it depends on what you mean by 'moderate usage'' though.

Comment

I was out of Internet due to moving house last month so I got a 10gig Dongle deal with Orange, this was sufficient enough for 360 Live games, Halo Reach was something I did a couple hours on most nights, due to the 10 gig limit I kept an eye on bandwidth usage and it really doesn't use that much at all, if PS3 is about the same i'd say you will be fine, I came nowhere near the 10gig cap, infact I think I maybe used 1 gig from 360 use.

You should be fine.

Comment

thanks guys

Comment

I'd be aware if you're using a HSDPA/3G dongle your latency/lag will be pretty poor, so don't expect to play too many fast paced games. That said, I used to game on stuff like Burnout Paradise without too much trouble.

Comment

Working...
              X