PSP multiple accounts - How?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSP multiple accounts - How?

I've a Jap Psp1000 which i have just recently sync'd with my UK Ps3 (60GB BC), which is causing all sorts of problems with content (ps1 games) DL'd from my Jap Ps3 (60GB BC).

Before i sync'd it with the UK PS3 it never had a PSN account set-up on it. I just used the USB transfer to move PS1 games about with no bother. Now that it's got a UK account on it it won't let me play the Jap PS1 games that are already on my memory stick, or let me transfer/copy games from the Jap Ps3 to Psp.

I cant figure out how to set-up a 2nd account, or how to delete the PSN account thats set-up on it now.

Did having to be signed in as the same user as the Ps3 happen in a FW update, as it's been a few years since i transferred stuff from Ps3 to Psp?

I've USA, UK and Jap accounts on my Jap Ps3. The Usa and Jap accounts have Ps1 games that i want to use on my Psp.

Thinking of taking the memory stick out and doing a 'Restore Default Settings' on it's ass.

Is this such a Newbie question that no-ones answering, or just that no-one has an answer?

Comment

You have to be signed into the same account on your PSP for the games you want to play from your PS3. So if you want to play JPN PS1 games you must sign your PSP into your JPN account.

Switching accounts is pretty easy. If you are copying a game to the PSP, you will be prompted to switch to the correct account in order to play the game you wish. No internet connection is required to do this. Otherwise you can delete the account directly from your PSP, and then sign in under the account you require. However you will need a wireless internet connection to do this.

Hope that helps. Any more questions you know what to do.
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

So do I need to delete the account from the psp to be able to sign in under a different account? So can only one account exist on a psp at one time?

Comment

Yes. The auto-switching will only happen when you are copying something over from your PS3. Obviously you are only going to be copying games once so when you have everything on your PSP that you need you will have to resort to manual switching.

Go to Account Management, hit Triangle then Delete Account. From there you can log back into any account you wish.

Only one account can exist on a PSP at any one time though, so if you are without internet you will be wanting to keep on top of this. If no account is signed in, no games can be played at all. UMD operation is unaffected by any of this though.
          Last edited by J0e Musashi; 13-11-2010, 19:18.
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I mentioned in my first post I never had any account on the psp before hand, but was still able to copy games across and play them. Did this change with a ff update in the past?

Comment

I can't answer that one bud as I only have a Japanese PSP account due to the superior choice of PS1 titles. I would imagine it was part of a past FW update though.
              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I heard that you can only switch accounts a certain number of times, and that the PSP will be locked to one of them after a while. Anybody heard of this? This rumor is what's keeping me from playing Alundra on my Go.

Comment

Untrue. You can log in and out as many times as you see fit.
                  Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

This question is kind of linked. Is it 5 ps3 consoles max that a single psn can exist on?
                    I've set-up 4 of the ps3s here all with my uk, usa and jap psn accounts.

Comment

Yes. Same with PSP

Comment

It is five PlayStation "units". So this is a mixture of PS3 and PSP, you can't have five PS3's and five PSP's. You get five activations spread across which hardware you choose. If you don't de-activate when changing HDD's in a PS3 or you YLOD and get a replacement you lose an activation also.
                        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I have 1 jap 60gb bc ps3, 2 uk 60gb bc and 1 uk 80gb set-up with the uk, usa and jap psn accounts i use. I use my jap psp to login and out of psn the accounts as well.

Comment

I have two PS3's and two PSP's all running the same account. You'll be fine as long as you don't introduce any new hardware. You'll then have to de-activate something in order to add the new unit into the mix.
                            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

So for all things PSP, even if you only directly download to the PSP, that it could only exist on 2 PSP's if you had 3 accounts on PS3's? I have a Go and a 3000 on my PSN account as such with 2 PS3's, so I only have one activation left then?

Comment

Working...
                              X