PSP Country Code Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSP Country Code Question

Hi Folks - I did search on this and found plenty of threads about games being region free but nothing that quite fits. I sold a Jeanne D'Arc game to someone and it says that it is country code 1 (correct) but it will not play on their country code 2 PSP saying that the UMD will not start. How can this be as I have not had any trouble playing it previously?

Thanks in advance.

That can't be right. I can't help you though unfortunately because both my copy of Jeanne D'Arc and my PSP are from the US.

I'd ask for a picture of the error.

Comment

If it helps, I have played Jeanne Darc on my JP psp. Not sure what region mind but it was English Language.

Comment

Yes I have had no problem playing it on mine either - puzzled dot com.....

Comment

I sold this on Ebay and he says that it is not working on his PSP - the game was still sealed.....I smell a rat to be honest! Anyone know where I stand on this as a seller - sorry to change the tone of the thread?

Comment

He's trying to pull a fast one. Even umd movies aint region looked, as I've around 10 uk movies that I use on my jap psp.

Comment

Even if it doesn't work and is still sealed then surely it isn't your problem. After all it is up to the buyer to purchase the correct region game to ensure maximum compatibility.

Right?

Comment

Unmodified PSP 2004, European version (Italian to be exact), it works perfectly with any game from any region. As I think many other users did, American and Japanese demos from the relative PSN store work without a problem; having a PSP linked to a PSN account different from the console/game region won't affect game usage either.
                Even if it doesn't work and is still sealed then surely it isn't your problem. After all it is up to the buyer to purchase the correct region game to ensure maximum compatibility.
                If the seller clearly states the game region in the auction the buyer is to blame, I think it's common sense. However Paypal/eBay might favor the buyer for some strange reason.

Comment

The only possible explanation would be CFW, whereby an older version is not compatible with the game requiring newer FW. I seriously doubt this is the case given the age of the game, and eBay should overlook this anyway as if everything is official there would be no incompatibility problems.

I just think he's lying.
                  Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Tell him he needs to return it to you, at his cost. You will test it and if it is in new condition but doesn't work you'll refund him. If you find that it does work he will have to pay you for postage once again if he wants it back. I would imagine that'll be the last you hear form him.

@spinpug - UMD movies are region locked. I have a US version of National Treasure 2 that won't play on my JPN PSP (some would say that's a bonus!).

Comment

Must be that uk and jap umd movies share the same region then, as all my movies are uk and my psp is jap.

Comment

Originally posted by spinpug666 View Post
                        He's trying to pull a fast one. Even umd movies aint region looked, as I've around 10 uk movies that I use on my jap psp.
                        This is incorrect. UMD movies ARE region locked - it's just the UK and JP have the same UMD movie region code (2).

The games aren't region locked - I play Jeanne d'Arc on my PSP 3000 (UK) all the time. He's lying to you.

EDIT: spinpug666 just seen your reply. I look like a fool now. Apologies.
                        Last edited by InvisibleKid; 13-11-2010, 14:52. Reason: Apology

Comment

Sometimes I wonder at you David...

UMD movies are indeed not region free. The US is Region 1, and Japan and the UK both share Region 2 as with DVD. However as there is no NTSC/PAL coding they are compatible with each other.
                          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
                          X