Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS2 Slim swap magic

Hi forum,

I've wanted to play Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix for a long time now but I don't have a swap magic to play the import. Is there anywhere I can byt the PS2 slim version 3.6/3.8? i've tried ebay, amazon and the swap magic website but nothing helped.

Any ideas guys?

No such thing. Swap Magic works on all PS2.

Comment

Oh. Sorry, I meant one that comes with the SlimTool Like This:

Comment

Ah, if you're not worried about warranty then it's easy to do it internally. That though I'm unsure of..

Comment

There is a way to play Imports on the PS2 (it was the flip-top lid machine) without using any chips or bespoke discs like the Swapmagic. I saw a video that explained it on you tube, apparently its easier than the PSX swap method. I would do some searchy time on youtube. Am I allowed to post links to you tube videos on this topic?

Hope you have joy with this,
          Dan.

Comment

Cogswap perhaps?

Comment

Why does the name cog swap sound familiar to me, I've heard that mentioned before somewhere. I'm not sure if the method used is relating to that, but from the video it was literally a back and forth swapping out original disc for a backup multiple times, and then it worked.

Comment

How does cogswap work then? And will it let me play backups AND imports?

Comment

I bought a set of swap magic discs from these guys many years ago. Looks like they still sell them.

From memory if you wanted to play different regions of PS1 games also then I think you'd need a Breaker Pro disc too. Bbeen a while though so I could be wrong.

Not a very cheap option though

Comment

Originally posted by tom-nook View Post
                    I bought a set of swap magic discs from these guys many years ago. Looks like they still sell them.

From memory if you wanted to play different regions of PS1 games also then I think you'd need a Breaker Pro disc too. Bbeen a while though so I could be wrong.

Not a very cheap option though
                    That site is misleading by the looks of it. For a moment i thought that they would charge 2895 euros! Turns out to actually be 28.95. Thans for that site anyway. I might try it......UNLESS......

Anybody know of a swappy-disc trick for the ps2?

Comment

Doh, Already suggested - Edit
                      Last edited by Jei; 16-12-2010, 09:02.

Comment

Working...
                      X