Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NTSC ps1/ps2 compatibility for pal systems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NTSC ps1/ps2 compatibility for pal systems?

Hi, I hope this has not been discussed on here, tv signal aside, are there any ps1 and ps2 titles that would not work on a modified pal ps1 and ps2 console? My ps2 lazer is biting the dust and I'm not sure if I should get hold of a modified ps1 and modified ps2, or if a modified ps2 would suffice.

Edit: I'm not after information on backups and disc brands relating to that, I'm after info on original NTSC discs.
    Last edited by redstar_dan; 11-12-2010, 19:54.

None at all. A modded PS2 will play any PS1 title too.

Comment

Thanks so much for the reply, this has really helped. Cheers

Comment

There's a few Ps1 games that won't work on ps2, see here http://ntsc-uk.domino.org/showthread.php?t=28633

Comment

Wow, I really hope there is not many others. Does xenogears, suikoden 2 and chrono cross work?

Comment

I can test if they work for you Dan, but for Xeno and Chrono Cross it may have a disc swap issue like MGS did.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
              I can test if they work for you Dan, but for Xeno and Chrono Cross it may have a disc swap issue like MGS did.
              Could you possibly elaborate on the disc swap issue and what sort of impact this had. Did it make switching to the next disc impossible? Thanks once again

Comment

i think toaplan shooting collection was on that wouldnt work on a modded ps2 or even a Jpn ps2 (i think)

Comment

Xeno and Chrono Cross
                  I had no trouble completing both those games back in the day - and that was with an unmodded original UK PS1 + cheat cartridge. They'll be fine on either a modded PS1 or 2 as the games prompt you to save before changing discs.
                  Last edited by mezzanine; 13-12-2010, 19:57.

Comment

Working...
                  X