Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AES RGB question?

Hi there.

Have just bought a nice JPN AES off these very forums. Its coming with standard AV cables, and as I've got everything hooked up via RGB, is it possible just to buy a RGB lead for this console?

videogameimports have a Mega Drive/AES one with stereo connecters, will this do?

Does the AES only output mono? So then these stereo connecters will help out?

Sorry for the stupid questions!

Buy a Neo Geo RGB lead foo, Neo Geo RGB leads are wired up in the same way that Megadrive RGB leads are but the centre pin is offset so you will have to bend the pin and push it in very hard to get a Megadrive one to work (not recommended).

You see that Headphone socket at the front of the machine, that's one of those new fangled Stereo sockets that is. The 8 Pin Din socket only supports hi fidelity mono...

Comment

But what about this one on videogameimports MD? Its a MD and AES one, with this connecter so I can glorious stereo sound. Will that not do the job, as the pin you speak of has already been bent?

Thanks for the help btw

Comment

The RGB cable from VGI will be fine mate. I've got one - it's excellent quality, and gives a great picture. The pins are all straight, so don't worry about that.

Comment

Cheers, have just ordered one from VGI - top company!!

Comment

They certainly are mate. Just don't let that Neo bug bite too hard...

Comment

Originally posted by Jashin
              They certainly are mate. Just don't let that Neo bug bite too hard...
              I'll try not too... although its certainly proving difficult.

*fondles credit card while looking at JPN Metal Slug 1*

Comment

Collecting AES carts truly is the video game equivalent of heroin. BEWARE.

I blew around ?3,500 in 6 months eventhough I had other outstanding debts to pay such as the finance on my car, motor insurance and my River Island store card. It was well worth it however.

BTW: The AES outputs a great RGB signal - just make sure you get a 3.5 stereo phono lead from any decent hardware shop to plug into the front of the AES and then into your speaker set-up for just as good sound. Absolute bliss.

By far my favourite console.

Comment

[quote="DavidFallows"]Collecting AES carts truly is the video game equivalent of heroin. BEWARE.

quote]

i know im well skint and today i kurbed my nice 17inch alloys but cant afford to buy anymore cause ive got so many AES games on order

it is so addictive,yet so expensive

Comment

Originally posted by trev1976
                    i know im well skint and today i kurbed my nice 17inch alloys but cant afford to buy anymore cause ive got so many AES games on order

You're worried about kerbing your 17in alloys? This time last year I BUCKLED my front left alloy - only today did I pay ?160 for a new one. At least now I can say goodbye to wobbly motorway driving.

Comment

The quality of RGB from a Home Cart machine can be pretty patchy depending on what revision of the hardware it is...

Comment

Originally posted by DavidFallows
                        Originally posted by trev1976

You're worried about kerbing your 17in alloys? This time last year I BUCKLED my front left alloy - only today did I pay ?160 for a new one. At least now I can say goodbye to wobbly motorway driving.
                        yeah some stupid old **** in front of me was ****ing about anyway i thought yeah i can fit through that gap opps i was wrong ft:

The quality of RGB from a Home Cart machine can be pretty patchy depending on what revision of the hardware it is...
                        my my rgb on my AES is quite **** compared to my MVS set up there is a mod that can be done to get better RGB but i dont know how to do it

Comment

Working...
                        X