360palm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

360palm

Just been given a free console only 360, apparently it's not RROD'd as the previous owner had it running for a couple of hours and it was fine, I obviously need a power supply, pad, component cable as its a non hdmi version, and a faceplate as it has some gay lost planet faceplate on. oh and a hard disk eventually but obviously thats not needed just to test it.

Tbh I'm not that bothered if I don't get it working and it appears to have been opened already, so obviously I plan on spending the minimum amount possible to test it, or maybe I could reclamp it or whatever crap older 360 owners did.

Erm, how can I identify which model it is, and what power supply it needs.. or am I just wasting my time and not bother. I know nothing about the 360 at all.

lol 360

On the back near the power port it will state voltage/amperage/whatever I forget.

16.2A (Xenon + Zepher) = 203w PSU
    14.2A (Falcon) = 175w PSU
    12.2A (Jasper) = 150w PSU

You could also use VGA, as like mine, there's no HDMI.

That said, it will be 16.2A as it has no HDMI port.

Oh lol.
    Last edited by speedlolita; 24-12-2010, 22:18.

Comment

my tv doesn't have vga either though, and surely it'd not be much better due to being an analog signal. might as well get a component cable I spose, I hate component though.

Comment

Component's max res is 720p. VGA can do 1080p so it's a bit better.

Comment

thats what I'd run it in anyway my tv is a 32" 720P viera

Comment

Well that's fine then.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
              Component's max res is 720p. VGA can do 1080p so it's a bit better.
              i always used to run my older xbox 360 using component set to upscale 1080p and it worked fine, although you cant correct the overscan
              Last edited by dvdx2; 27-12-2010, 12:22.

Comment

Yeah, my Bravia says 1080p when I used to use it with 360 over component. I always thought max output was 720p with component though so I dunno what's doing the upscaling.

Comment

Working...
                X