JPN Xbox Slim/UK Power Supply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JPN Xbox Slim/UK Power Supply

I didn't see a thread about this so I'm gonna plunge in with this question. I know that a UK power supply will work with an old model JPN 360 but is this still the case with the newer Slim or will I be looking to use a stepdown?

If you can get hold of an actual UK Slim power supply(brick) then you'll be fine, just like with the older 360s.

The Slim power supply isn't multi-voltage(mine says 220-240V), so if you're asking about just swapping the kettle lead plug, then no, you'll blow it.

Comment

Sweet. Yeah I was referring to a complete power brick so it's good news that I can just swap out the brick for a UK one. Cheers for the help.

Comment

There's another thread about this a couple of pages back: http://ntsc-uk.domino.org/showthread...=105162&page=2

If you don't already have a UK slim you may struggle to find a psu though. Another option to consider would be an Asian slim (also plays ntsc-j games - see post #18) as it'd run straight out of the box. They're usually a wee bit cheaper too

Comment

It's ok, I've got a UK slim in the living room downstairs. I've already got an older model so I might just swap it out. But that might leave me with a spare Slim lying around. Ah well...

Comment

That's not so bad as the official psu's seem to be very hard to find still. I guess the only advantage of the rrod problem is that there is always an abundant supply of the older ones

Comment

Working...
            X