Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NTL Broadband, a PS2 and a Network Adaptor...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NTL Broadband, a PS2 and a Network Adaptor...

Hi all,

I need some help here. I really want to play Everquest on the PS2 when it comes out later this month.

We already have NTL Broadband hooked up to our PC, and we already own a PS2.

So all we need is a copy of the game, and a Network Adaptor (right?).

I need to know, how does the Network Adaptor connect to the BB? I would like to know that it's all going to work proplerly before I start buying stuff.

Also my bf (Marvelon on here) plays SoF on the PC alot so can we both be online at the same time or do we need some kind of hub to pull that off?

Also I have heard that the Network Adaptor's cable is only about 2 meters long. If it connects to the BB box - that is about 6-8 meters away in the kitchen!!

Any kinda technical know-how on this subject would be greatly appreciated!!

Yes I have my PS2 hooked up with NTL Broadband. As long as your modem supports RJ45 plugs then theres no problem. My NTL modem supports USB and RJ45 connections though not at the same time. Oh and you probably will need a longer patch lead as the one that comes with the network adaptor is about 2 mtrs only.

Chippo

Comment

I'm thinking of getting NTL at my new house, do you have to get the Xbox package to use XBOX Live?

Comment

Yes I also play on XBox Live through my NTL BB. Works fine and I dont cough up the extra fiver.

Chip

Comment

Thanks, where can I get a longer patch cable from?

Comment

Maplin do loads of RJ45 patch leads in funky colours and stuff. PCWorld or any decent PC shop should have them too.

Comment

Cool, thanks again!

What about being online on the PC at the same time as being online on the PS2?

Comment

Also, is a patch lead the same kind of lead that the GameCube uses to connect it's modem to the dial up?

Or that the Deamcast used to use to connect?

Or is it different?

Comment

I'm not necessarily saying purchase from them but here's a list of patch cables with pictures so you know what you're looking for:

Comment

Originally posted by Sdub
                    Cool, thanks again!

What about being online on the PC at the same time as being online on the PS2?
                    You can either get a router or connect an RJ45 crossover cable from your PC's network card to your PS2. I'm on BT though so I use a USB modem to connect, leaving my ethernet port free to use.

Comment

Working...
                    X