Panasonic Q from Lik-Sang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic Q from Lik-Sang

This is probably just me being thick again, but i have a panasonic Q from Lik-Sang and i dont know how to play my U.S. games on it. They say it plays Jap/U.S. games.

Can anyone help please?

try holding down the power button for a few seconds when switching the q on.

Comment

rob Posted: Thu Oct 09, 8:10 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is probably just me being thick again, but i have a panasonic Q from Lik-Sang and i dont know how to play my U.S. games on it. They say it plays Jap/U.S. games.

Can anyone help please?
      Rob, this is somewhat off topic but would you mind telling me how much you paid for your Q after shipping costs, import tax etc.?

Also what's the DVD playback quality like? I know it only outputs S-Video but does it compete with a ?200 DVD player from Sony/Toshiba etc.?

I'm tempted to get a Q myself see, so if you could educate me it's very much appreciated.

Comment

Hey there..

The Q is a beautiful machine, make no mistake. But it truly is a horrible dvd player make no mistake. The S Video issue really does make a difference, its output is a bit grainy and the remote is rather unresponsive. I was using it for my main player, but I just bought a cheapish Pioneer multi region from amazon for ?99. Its hooked up via RGB, and it simply blows the Q out of the water.

The Q is such a beautiful machine though. Anyway, its almost too nice to be playing dvds all the time on it!

Get one anyway, and order yourself a standalone dvd player you can hook up via RGB, you'll be doing yourself a favour!

Comment

I've absolutly no problems with the Q's DVD player, I find it quite clear and use it as my main player!

Comment

I have a Q and PS2 both hooked up via S-video and the Q's picture is vastly superior.

Occasionally I find that the Q skips badly when playing certain videos though, not sure why. it seems to occur when games have been played for a while and you then switch over. Could just be the disks I suppose? Both occasions they were US Ghibli movies.

In these instances the PS2 saves the day.

Just between you and me it took me two days to figure out how to boot US games.

Comment

ThoseOfTheUnlight Posted: Fri Oct 10, 3:30 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Q is such a beautiful machine though. Anyway, its almost too nice to be playing dvds all the time on it!

Get one anyway, and order yourself a standalone dvd player you can hook up via RGB, you'll be doing yourself a favour!
              Thanks for the info, I hear what you're saying but paying an extra ?200 (over a regular import Cube) and not even using the DVD playback seems somewhat extravagant.

Not including component outputs and progressive scan support for DVD playback was definately an oversight by Panasonic as it makes a huge difference with games and assume it has similarly impressive results with movies.

The fact that your ?100 DVD player outperforms the Q has settled it for me - I'll get a progressive scan DVD player instead.

No beautiful Q for me.

Comment

Have to admit the Q cost quite a bit more than the ?269 its listed for. Delivery was about ?30.00, the import tax about ?70.00 & another ?60.00 for a good quality rgb lead.

It is exspensive but i dont regret it, it truly is a great looking bit of kit.

Comment

Working...
                X