360 slim odd start up with HDMI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

360 slim odd start up with HDMI

I recently got a 250GB 360 slim and its connected with HDMI, it was via component before, just got a cheap HDMI cable from ebay.

My TV is set to be controlled by HDMI, using the PS3 it automatically switches to the correct AV channel. With the 360 it sits doing nothing for ages and sometimes I just get bored and turn it on and off again, to which it comes up instantly.

Anyone else got slow startup issues? its really odd.

But if I turn it off once its booted (just finished a game and thought I'd test it) it comes on instantly like the PS3 does. wtf?

Comment

Boot it from the controller holding down Y and right trigger. What happens then?

Comment

Y and right trigger? what does that do?

My TV looked great on the PS3 and now on HDMI on this it looks a bit too bright and rich, I've put it on intermediate in the hdmi options as that doesn't seem too bad, and brought down the contrast a bit. God, me and settings I'm sure I have OCD. Theres no clear indication of which setting to use for your TV also - just have to do it by eye.

Comment

Y and right trigger resets the video, which will/should tell your tv to auto switch. I have to do it on my Panasonic set 90% of the time.

Comment

ok, I'll give it a go, funny how its controlled fine with the PS3 though. hmm. I have a Panasonic also.

Comment

Same here though mate, PS3 auto switches all and every time, 360 doesn't.

Comment

oh man, I'll also try switching the HDMI ports so that the 360 is in 1 and the ps3 in 2. Maybe the 'control by HDMI' only works on HDMI1

Comment

Yup, This panasonic TV only accepts control signals through HDMI 1, I've just swapped them around so 360 is on HDMI socket 1 and it turns on and switches over straight away, whereas the PS3 on HDMI socket 2, doesn't switch over to HDMI 2 channel anymore.

Bloody ell.

Guess I'll have to leave it this way around now and switch over manually, because otherwise it takes 20-30 seconds for the 360 to handshake and display anything when connected to HDMI 2

Comment

Did you try it with the PS3 in 1, the 360 in 2 and booting with y and rt?

Comment

I didn't even know HDMI could auto switch.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                        I didn't even know HDMI could auto switch.
                        It can send power on signals too to a ps3 or whatever.

@pavey: nah, I can't be arsed to do that every time I turn on.

I'll fiddle around a bit more tomorrow, I'm terrible with settings, sometimes I don't trust my own eyes, been flicking between the 'standard, intermediate, extended' HDMI settings and can't honestly tell much difference.

And now I'm getting a free HDTV calibration DVD despite both consoles looking great anyway.

I got problems me.

Just going to have to flick over with the remote, pretty lame. I shot panasonic an email about it but eh.

Comment

Originally posted by kernow View Post

@pavey: nah, I can't be arsed to do that every time I turn on.

But its so simple, just pick the controller up and hold as you would a split second later anyway.

I'll come round and do it for you if you like. Give me an hour's notice each time.

Comment

ok, bring some nice sandwiches also

Comment

Working...
                            X