making a pacman joystick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

making a pacman joystick

ok im getting p**sed off with my ps3 controller and i have a sanwa jlf and seimitsu ls32 hanging around not doing anything. Can you get a 4 way gate for either of these?

Ideally to nip into my TE stick, or can you get reall short throw sticks or something. Like i said , only for pac man.

bri

There should probably be a 4-way option on the blue plastic restrictor plate of an LS-32. Just unscrew it and refit it with the 4-way gate in place instead of the round one.

If not, you can buy one.

Comment

Do you not mean 2 way? Your TE will have a 4 way gate on it already.

If you want a tight stick you could try a LS-56-01.

Comment

yep the ls-32 does have the restrictor plate underneath. Too thick to realise that was the 4-way, 2 way and octagonal all in one.

Isnt the TE a square gate as that what it feels like to me but i'm no expert by a long way?

cheers guys i think i should be ok and have no excuse for my crap scores now

bri

Comment

Well, yeah. But square has 4 sides so I always considered it 4 way sorta. lol

Comment

sorta .......sorta lol

bri

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
              Well, yeah. But square has 4 sides so I always considered it 4 way sorta. lol

A 4 way would be like a plus sign, a square restrictor is normally an 8 way, you need eight way to use the diagonal function on a stick.

You can also get a 4 way adaptoer for the JLF, try somewhere like gremlinsolutions.co.uk or Aki shop in Japan

Comment

only realised watching a video on youtube that the TE stick comes with a "+" style restrictor , take the thing out and rotate.

The stick has too much throw, i need something with tighter or something. Can't think how to describe but i want a short throw small stick that i could just shove in my TE, with or without a little modding as tonight i was really losing my rag with the pad

bri

Comment

Tch, my post was lost when my internet disconnected..

Anyway, get an LS-56-01. It'll be perfect for your cause, tighter and much smaller throw. JLF are very loose and IMO horrible. I take the middle ground and use the slightly loose, fast actuating LS-32-01.

Comment

could i use the pcb off that on my ls 32 if i wanted in the future as its got the standard 5 pin connector ?

bri

Comment

Working...
                    X