Best Audio App?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Audio App?

Right been using Foobar2000 on my pc for yeeears and its probably about time i got a better App. Any suggestions?

Are there any better apps though? Been using Foobar myself for many years, and have no reason to change. It's also the only player I've come across personally that has 24-bit output to enable best quality playback of compressed audio files (in lossy formats such as mp3).

Comment

Really, i would have thought there might have been better ones by now. Oh well.

Comment

Foobar here too.

Comment

Nope, I think foobar is still your best bet.

Comment

Is foobar better than winamp then? I've used winamp for a very long time, tried foobar years ago but didn't get on with it.

Also, I've got the dfx plugin for winamp.

About the 24bit output in foobar, do you have to enable it or is it enabled as standard?

About wianmp, could someone please advise me on this error-often, when I click on another track to play, regardless of location, I get the 'winamp has encountered a problem and needs to close' error. I googled and it seemed to be about motherboard drivers but I can't update mine for some reason. Could there be another reason for this error?

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
              About the 24bit output in foobar, do you have to enable it or is it enabled as standard?
              If you're using Windows Vista or 7 then it's based on your system settings - set the Windows mixer to a 24-bit output format, and Foobar will use that. Winamp may have the same feature nowadays for all I know, haven't tried it in years.

Comment

Yeah, Winamp has 24bit support but in preferences they advise not to enable it for some reason.

Comment

I find iTunes to be an excellent media player, foobar is ok but as far as I am aware cannot be controlled with a iPhone or iPad and streamed.

I store my music in a lossless format and then stream to a Atv or Airport express.

Comment

Working...
                  X