Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FIXED - SNES Earthworm Jim 2 - Sound Issue...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FIXED - SNES Earthworm Jim 2 - Sound Issue...

Hi,

I just recieved a cart of Earthworm Jim 2 - Eur, off of ebay. I tried playing the game this evening, and I am experiencing some sound issues. I crossed checked the game against youtube, and I was right in hearing the problems. Two major sound problems, is the accordian at the start, it just makes a blip noise. When Jim gets hit, he also just makes a blip noise.

Oddly enough I booted up both Zsnes and Snes 9x and I am experiencing the exact same issue that I do on the cart.

What on earth is wrong with this, have I got a dodgy cart? Is that even possible?

Hope someone can clear this up for me.
    Last edited by redstar_dan; 03-02-2011, 22:30. Reason: Fixed

Can't help with this particular game but I remember having very similar issues with Mortal Kombat 2 on my SNES back in the day - quite often the game would have sound effects missing or the like. Resetting the game once or twice usually fixed it, so perhaps it's a hardware timing issue.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I have tried again, with resetting the console multiple times, to see if it is a syncing issue, however this has not fixed the problem. Im baffled

Comment

Perhaps it's an early release of the game with issues. Seeing as you say emulation exhibits the same problem, does Goodtools list your ROM file as having a version number? (such as Mortal Kombat II (U) (V1.1)). Other than that, I don't know really.

Comment

I have tried a number of variants on the rom side, including all E and U roms with their various versions, and all include this glitch. I have tried searching quite a lot on google prior to posting this, most of my search results indicate that there is a problem on the emulation side, however I find it bizzare that this matches my cart.

Perhaps I actually have a pirate cart? I find that hard to believe.

I would be tempted to pick up a NTSC-U version to see if that causes me grief, but I don't want to fork out more money on a potentially problematic game. I feel quite gutted =[

Comment

A long shot, but have you tried the various different versions of the game on the bsnes emulator? It is the only cycle-accurate Snes emulator, and would reproduce bugs exactly like real hardware would.

It would still be bizzare for your cart to display the same bugs, but it's not inconceivable that all versions of the game could display the same bug on relatively inaccurate emulators like Zsnes or Snes9x.

Comment

Its not some kinda stereo/mono issue is it? Longshot guess!

Comment

So I have tried Bsnes, it correctly emulates the sound on all variations of rom I have tired, that match the carts region. What is odd, is that Zsnes and Snes9X accurately match the sound that my cart is producing.

In regards to the stereo/mono, I could not see an option in the game to change this. Are you referring to my telle? I am using Scart to hook it up to my telle. Im using an LCD at the moment, however thats only temporary untill I move my old telle to my flat.

Comment

Issue Fixed

Ok, fixed the issue! I used my 'Universal Adapter' Converter and it fixed the sound problems.

I should have noted my SFC is modded. It did not even occur to me that this would have been an issue. I feel quite stupid not to have realised that would have been a problem.

Anyway, yea, if anybody here has a modded SFC and is having sound issues in games, use the Universal Adapter.

P.S. "Uma stoopids and I hats my brain"
                  Last edited by redstar_dan; 04-02-2011, 22:53.

Comment

I can't see why using an adapter would change anything?

Comment

Originally posted by Hohum View Post
                      I can't see why using an adapter would change anything?
                      I really have not the foggiest idea why its fixed the sound issue. Its so weird. Its a good tip for anyone else who is experiencing glitches I guess. Its 100% reproducible as well. When I sit down and fully play it through, I will update with any issue I may experience deeper into the game. Maybe I have uncovered something?
                      I am planning a Dead Space 2 day tomorrow, so not sure If I will get round to playing it.
                      Last edited by redstar_dan; 04-02-2011, 22:54.

Comment

Working...
                      X