Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony Continuous play

Hi,

Is anyone still paying for continuous play?

Are they even still honouring repairs? I'd imagine so considering they are still taking peoples money. I'm starting to wonder if its worth it though, I've probably been on a year and a half now, thats ?90.. if I continue I'd have spent the amount I could just buy a new PS3 with.

Basically I'm saying I'm wondering if its worth continuing with because in the end I would have spent enough to buy a new PS3 if this one breaks anyway. You can get a slim for under ?200 nowadays so even if this 60GB broke I could try fixing it or sell it to some moron on ebay for ?60+ and then put that towards a new one.

Waddya reckon? It just came to me that I don't seem to be paying a monthly insurance fee for my other two consoles, or my hifi, or anything expensive I own basically, so I'm wondering if its worth it.

Obviously this is a personal decision really, I'd probably keep it going if I was more flush.

If I still had, and still required, a back compat 60gig then I'd pay as that's the only way to guarantee keeping hold fop a back compat 60 gig unit. In the end though I decided to sell the replacement 60 gig they sent me and buy a slim + a ps2 and stop paying for cont play.

Comment

Thats exactly how I'm thinking, I don't really need the 60GB's features like that. I'd like a slim nowadays definitely as its just smaller and quieter.

Hmm, definitely something to think about, I would just cancel now but knowing my luck this 60GB would just crap out on me the next day. Its only an 18month old refurb mind, still totally minty really.

*thinks*

Comment

Looking on ebay to get a rough price for my 60GB, and ..

._. wtf

Comment

You're one of the suckers this guy hopes to fool with such an auction. Read the description VERY carefully! I like how they try and draw people in with promises of a donation to a dog's charity. As unscrupulous a practice this is though, there's nothing illegal about it.
          Last edited by Daragon; 07-02-2011, 11:51.

Comment

O_o that was the point of my post

Comment

What was? I thought the wtf was in relation to how ****ty a price 60GB models were going for.

Don't try and hide your foolishness now mate

Comment

I'm not all that convinced that guy is trying to fool anyone. It's a pretty clear description, even using capitals and bold for the important bit. More than that, he says the buyer can collect. Wouldn't be smart if you were trying to fool someone to do it while they're at your doorstep.

Comment

I don't know many people who'd pay over 40 quid for a box.

Plenty of people don't read auctions carefully enough and I reckon this seller is counting on that.

I do agree however that offering pickup as a delivery method is rather risky, I wouldn't want to be louisem5851 if my buyer was a rapist who chose to collect!

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
                    What was? I thought the wtf was in relation to how ****ty a price 60GB models were going for.

Don't try and hide your foolishness now mate
                    Wtf are you on about? It clearly says BOX in the title. I'm not stupid.

My reaction was 'why are people bidding that high on a box'

Comment

My PSP won't switch on!!!1

Comment

"Oh noes, my PS3 is only worth 40 quid" ;_;

And you're just jealous because this thread isn't worthy of a comedy banner

Comment

You are seriously stupid, I have no idea how you think I was actually mentioning that was a whole PS3 auction when it says BOX ONLY in the bloody title.

Do you browse this forum half awake or something? 'Read the description VERY carefully!'

REALLY? Jesus christ. Not to mention there are several actual 60GB PS3 auctions going for £150 or so.

Brb though, wondering why my PSP isn't turning on, probably because I haven't fitted the battery or something dumb.

I'm facepalming right now at the sheer thought you were being some kind of intelligence god by telling me WATCH OUT MATE - BOX ONLY!!!11

Comment

3/10

Must try harder

Comment

Can you stop posting inane responses in my thread about continuous play please, especially if you don't actually subscribe to it. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X