Modified N64 and Passport Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modified N64 and Passport Problems

Hey there, I was wondering if someone here could help me with a little problem I'm having with my N64.

I bought a modded Japanese N64 so I could play games in RGB video quality. The system plays US and JP games perfectly fine, but as many people are aware you need a Passport Plus III cartridge to play EU games on it. I have said cartridge, and can get certain games to work fine. Mario 64, Banjo Kazooie and Killer Instinct Gold all work. However, I am having problems getting Lylat Wars and Resident Evil 2 to work properly (both EU region carts). Resident Evil 2 won't start up at all, and Lylat Wars sound goes strange and the image gets cut at the bottom. I tried all the BOOT codes I could find online but none have worked.

Any help?

Despite the claims of others even the passport 3 won't everything. During extensive testing I came across several games that wouldn't run using any code. The passport 3 does run the most games of any of the passports but oddly doesn't run a few that my old passport 1 did. I'm pretty positive that starfox will run with the right code though. It's a terribly designed converter due to the awful interface so if you get totally stuck with a certain game I'd just flog it and buy a cheap ntsc version, that's what I did. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Comment

Originally posted by moonwhistle View Post
      Despite the claims of others even the passport 3 won't everything. During extensive testing I came across several games that wouldn't run using any code. The passport 3 does run the most games of any of the passports but oddly doesn't run a few that my old passport 1 did. I'm pretty positive that starfox will run with the right code though. It's a terribly designed converter due to the awful interface so if you get totally stuck with a certain game I'd just flog it and buy a cheap ntsc version, that's what I did. Sorry I can't be of more help.
      Yeah I guessed that. To be honest, I don't mind buying a NTSC version of Star Fox... but Resident Evil 2 cost me ?30 boxed as it's rare, and I really wanted to get it working. I see US carts going for ?10 though, so I'll probably just get that.

Comment

It'll be less heartache in the end to just get rid of the PAL ones and the passport and replace. If you set up a search on ebay.com for "resident n64 complete" you'll find one eventually.

And.. Welcome to ntsc-uk.com

Comment

Working...
        X