Unbelievable PSP shenanigans!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unbelievable PSP shenanigans!

Right. I have owned 5 PSPs in my lifetime (plus one more I just got). I currently have 2. A Bronze 2000 and now a PSP Go I traded on here.

I cannot download ANYTHING from my account to the new Go because Sony say I already have FIVE PSPs activated on my account. This is a huge problem because I have deactivated every single PSP I have ever sold on. This literally means that the deactivation process does NOT work. Could I have forgotten to deactivate one of them? Maybe. Could I have forgotten to deactivate FOUR? No way.

Just spoke to a guy at Sony who reckons that unless I can provide proof that I sold those other PSPs on then there's nothing he can do about it. Utterly ridiculous. It's to stop game sharing apparently. He was totally unable to appreciate the logic fail behind that system.

I'm bloody furious.

Dunno what to say. Have you lost much?

D'ya sell any on here? I'm sure you could make up an invoice or something?

Comment

That sounds pretty unacceptable. I'd try to get on to someone else. Failing that, I'd be asking consumer affairs people about it. That it hinges entirely on their system, something you have no access to, nor is it known if it works or not, then I would have thought it would have to come down on your side.

Comment

Good thinking dude. Yes, the Go was sold on here. That might get me one activation back (I just found the thread too).

eBay is no good as they only go back 6 months. The PSP 1000 I sold to a Polish chef over the road at a tabletop sale lol. No chance of getting any proof off him.

Thing is I can remember deactivating every single one of them.

I just tried deactivating the Bronze 2000 and it has indeed let me activate the new Go now so right now at least the deactivation system is working.

For now, my Bronze can be a UMD/US Store unit and the Go a UK one.

@Dogg - Yeah, I'm not letting this one lie. If Sony don't give in then a letter to The Register or another prominent site might get them to look at their system.

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
          Good thinking dude. Yes, the Go was sold on here. That might get me one activation back (I just found the thread too).

eBay is no good as they only go back 6 months. The PSP 1000 I sold to a Polish chef over the road at a tabletop sale lol. No chance of getting any proof off him.

Thing is I can remember deactivating every single one of them.

I just tried deactivating the Bronze 2000 and it has indeed let me activate the new Go now so right now at least the deactivation system is working.

For now, my Bronze can be a UMD/US Store unit and the Go a UK one.

@Dogg - Yeah, I'm not letting this one lie. If Sony don't give in then a letter to The Register or another prominent site might get them to look at their system.
          eBay may be no good, but paypal will have access to transactions (and the subsequent sales info) for several years back, will it not?

Hope that helps you out chap.

Mike..

Comment

Good thinking batman!!

Comment

It's crazy how badly designed Sony's ecosystem is, and yet they still released a handheld 100% dependent on it.

Gj guys

Comment

Don't get me started on this BS.
                Long story short, trades/faulty console takes me to last activation cause I didn't actually realise you had to de-activate after formating HD.
                So I faxed 2 receipts for PS3 console and they still won't de-activate the 2 of them or reset me to one, so basically I own around 45 PSN/Mini games and this is my last activation. So to save any crap I have to keep it de-activated and activate when I want to play games, incase it dies on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
                  Don't get me started on this BS.
                  Long story short, trades/faulty console takes me to last activation cause I didn't actually realise you had to de-activate after formating HD.
                  So I faxed 2 receipts for PS3 console and they still won't de-activate the 2 of them or reset me to one, so basically I own around 45 PSN/Mini games and this is my last activation. So to save any crap I have to keep it de-activated and activate when I want to play games, incase it dies on me.
                  Goodness me!

Comment

Honest buyers once again getting harpooned by DRM, whilst pirates do whatever they hell they want anyway. It's going to be 1983 all over again soon I reckon.

Comment

Working...
                    X