Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

XBL - can i get banned for this?.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XBL - can i get banned for this?.........

lo all,

posted this below on xbox-scene and i'm very surprised that i havn't had any replys so far.

I know there's a few of you fellas here with chipped boxes so i thought i'd ask here too

(Pasted)

i live in the UK, have a US NTSC XBOX, V1 - just modded it with X2-lite, installed bigger HDD, (which is locked) bios 4978.

I wanna upgrade to XBL V2.0, and after reading all the pinned thread concerning this i am pretty confident to do so safely.

however....

my xbox is US NTSC - but i have changed the video output to PAL using the video select option in evox - the reason for this is simple - my TV can do NTSC and Pal - but the Pal signal/picture quality is far better than NTSC.

Now obviously the video select choice (either NTSC/PAL) is not dependant on the chip being on or off - its a permanent setting once selected - will having a US NTSC xbox, running with a PAL video output option get me banned from xbox live?

Hope that all makes sense,
    cheers YW
    cheers fellas
    YW

I haven't got your answer, but if you run games using RGB at 60hz, there is no technical reason why NTSC should be inferior to Pal. Are you sure NTSC games look worse or are you just working on the assumption that they do?

Comment

NTSC games run at a lower resolution than PAL games.

Comment

I've got the opposite set-up to you - PAL Xbox set to NTSC video mode - and I have no problems going on Xbox Live what so ever.

Comment

Thx for the vote of confidence Hitcher

Brats the reason this - see HERE

i can't be arsed to type it all out again

Comment

Originally posted by Naiera
            NTSC games run at a lower resolution than PAL games.
            Yes, but PAL60 games don't - the resolution is the same.

Regards
            Marty

Comment

If your TV supports progressive scan you really should get yourself a HDTV pack as the NTSC 480p picture is better.

That's why I have my PAL Xbox set NTSC video mode.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG

Yes, but PAL60 games don't - the resolution is the same.

Regards
                Marty
                I should read things more closely

Comment

Working...
                X