Licence Transfer on Xbox 360

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Licence Transfer on Xbox 360

A few days ago I brought myself a Xbox 360 Slim and over the weekend, I downloaded all my old content previously brought on my account.

To save any issues later down the line, I want to perform a licence transfer of all my old content to my new Xbox. From what I?ve read, I believe you have to resign the rights over, and then you have to re-download everything again to authorise it.

Is this true, or can I just perform the licence transfer, and then all my downloaded content is resigned immediately so I can play it offline?

No, you do have to 'download' it all again which isn't that bad because if you already have downloaded it all it'll recognise that the content is already on the drive and just download the new license part.

SO what you do is transfer the license to the new Xbox.
    Then use the download queue feature on the website to bulk add a load of stuff.
    Then just turn on your Xbox :-)

I found that way worked best for me in the past :-)

Comment

Thank god I don’t have to download everything again, thanks for the advice!

Comment

I believe this is what you're looking for......

Comment

I had this error last night on my laptop, I've just clicked that link on my works PC and got the same error.

Server Error in '/' Application.

Runtime Error
          Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

Anyone else get this when they click the link and attempt to sign in?

Comment

Yeah I just tried for you - it seems bust.

Comment

Thanks for giving it a go, hopefully it gets fixed soon.

Comment

Working...
              X