Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

laptop- dozy teacher!

Terrific- great start to the day.

A teacher waltzes in today with 'had a bit of an accident last night'.

Turns out school laptop was taken home and knocked off the arm of a chair. Now large cracks on the display plus a trillion lines of various colours.

How easy is it to change a screen? Is it even worth the bother/fixable?

It is possible to replace a broken laptop monitor, however is the damage limited to the monitor only? If so it's better to first disassemble the broken laptop, see what kind of damage has been done and search for a compatible screen.
    If the laptop is less than a year old is worth the effort, if not it's better to salvage the HDD and buy a new one.

I suppose the warranty is expired or does not cover accidents, right?

Comment

Changing a laptop screen is expensive (£80 parts + labour), depending on the age of the laptop it might be better to sell it as broken on ebay and buy a new one.

Use the TV out to make sure the internals aren't damaged. For the screen to be heavily cracked means it fell from a fair height or the floor was hard.

Comment

Good news- works ok so luckily she hasn't done any more damage.

?85+ bloody hell!

Comment

what was it doing on the arm of a chair anyway? get her to pay for it.

Comment

Get them to claim on their house insurance.

Comment

The cookie history etc needs to be looked at............even if it's just for Lols

Comment

Hahahahaha!

Comment

Maybe it landed on the p,o,r and n keys first

Comment

What sort of school do you work in?! We have over 200 laptops and our tech guys just repair everything they can and send others off for repair under contract or pay up for other problems. That's just a normal bog standard secondary comp. I have broken a screen having it pulled over.

I would imagine that the dozy teacher was at home working away - if I am not doing school work I use my macbook or pc as I am now!

Comment

Laptop screens are very easy to replace. You could do it yourself

Comment

Working...
                      X