More Prog Scan Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More Prog Scan Questions

Any recommend a 28inch TV which does progressive scan as well ? I want to hook my gamecube up to it. Secondly, where can I buy the prog scan cables over here and will I have to use my US cube or can I use my UK one ? Thirdly, I've seen prog scan DVD players, can I plug my cube into these and then output in prog scan to a standard TV ?

Any help appreciated

You will need US/Jap gamecube or NTSC XBOX or Chipped XBOX for progressive scan in games. I believe PS2 is starting to support progressive scan PAL.

Toshiba make good TV for progressive scan. So have a word with Hitcher or Minor Willly for info.

Comment

Anyone know if this Telly is any good, it looks to have everything I need ?
      Toshiba 28ZD26P.

Comment

28ZD26 http://www.home-entertainment.toshib...sumer/home.nsf

Is the one you should look at

Comment

Curiously, amongst the cheapest prog scan tellies out there are Tosh's 42-inch rear-projection monsters; even Comet do one for ?1299.

Comment

Originally posted by Unwell Cat
            Anyone know if this Telly is any good, it looks to have everything I need ?
            Toshiba 28ZD26P.
            It's a very fine tv for the money and no you cannot connect your GC to a prog scan dvd player, no dvd player i know of has a component input/passthrough.
            As for where to get the official jap cable try Lik-Sang, just remember not all GC games support prog scan(480p) You can actually get a pal GC to display a ntsc 480p image via a freeloader and a ntsc compatible game, or according to some posters on the AV forum you can

Comment

Now I'm a little confused. The Gamecube Prog scan cable has three inputs which appear to be phono connectors but looking at the toshiba telly it has 5 inputs for Prog scan which appear to be BNC. Am I missing something ?

Comment

Originally posted by Unwell Cat
                Now I'm a little confused. The Gamecube Prog scan cable has three inputs which appear to be phono connectors but looking at the toshiba telly it has 5 inputs for Prog scan which appear to be BNC. Am I missing something ?
                The 3 GC phono connectors are the component cables, you'll need to use a normal AV lead plugged into the GC as well to run the audio to the TV - that's why there's 5 inputs on the TV.

I'd use your US GC if I was you.

I have the Toshiba 28ZD26P and use progressive scan for my modded Xbox and US GC and it's excellent, there is a problem with the GC picture tearing but it's easily fixed and for free.

See this link for more info - http://www.avforums.com/forums/showt...ogressive+scan

Comment

Just to be clear, on component cables you've got three video cables and two audio ones. If they want BNC rather than phono then you'll just need converters to attach to them. It sounds like you're saying your GC component lead doesn't have audio connections though; is that right?

Comment

I've obviously got a cable without the two audio connections so I guess I'll send it back for one that has the three inputs + the two audios. Any recommendations on where to get one ? The Lik-Sang site just has the cable with the three connectors as far as I can tell.

Comment

They aren't yellow, red and white are they? That sounds suspiciously like a composite cable not a component one...

Comment

Bit of confusion to clear up regarding the GC I think.

To use the progressive scan feature you will need the following -

1x GC component cable (3 outputs - red/blue/green?) that plugs into the Digital Out on the GC.

1x GC AV/composite cable (3 outputs - yellow/video [not used], red/right audio and white/left audio [needed]) that plugs into the normal AV Out on the GC.

Comment

Thanks Hitcher that makes it all clear.

Comment

Aaah, I see. Thanks for that. You learn something new every day...

Comment

Here's a useful site that lists what games support 480p - http://www.hdtvarcade.com/gamecubelist.htm

Comment

Working...
                              X