Saturn RGB woes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturn RGB woes...

My Saturn aint working on RGB SCART (the image skips), but on composite SCART it works fine. Any ideas??

Jap cable on UK TV maybe? or just a duff cable.

Comment

Pal cable on a Jap console?

Comment

If the image is rolling then it could be a problem with the TV / Cable not selecting RGB mode. Move through the AV modes and see if that helps if not then open up the SCART cable, look for a resistor at pin 16 and either twist it so the legs touch or remove the resistor completely. That will fix it too.

Comment

Originally posted by yashiro
          Jap cable on UK TV maybe? or just a duff cable.
          Is there a difference between jap and uk scart leads on the saturn? I'm having trouble using rgb on a scart lead I bought from play-asia.

Comment

If you get a Red rolling picture then you have a Japanese SCART lead which is useless in this country.

If you get a rolling picture or a black screen then the TV may not be selecting RGB correctly (normally due to a weak voltage on pin 16).

Comment

On a related note, anyone know where I can get an RGB cable for my Japanese Saturn?

Comment

Right, got my trusty multimeter out to test me cable.

It seems the sync output from the saturn (pin1) is connected to scart pin16 which is the RGB switch pin, surely thats not right? It should be saturn pin4 (5vdc) thats connected to scart pin16 shouldn't it?

I would test this but pin4 isn't wired on this cable.

Anyone help?

Think I'll just buy a new cable, NOT from play-asia this time.

Comment

Can a Japanese Saturn be connected to a European TV using the normal RGB cable? (the one used with a PAL Saturn)

Comment

Yes UK SCART lead works fine on any Saturn except Hi-Saturn.

Comment

If i'm not mistaken you dont get a properly nice RGB picture from using a UK Saturn Scart lead on a japanese machine. I had this problem when i bought a white jpn saturn and used my UK scart cable it basically looked like a composite display. I got round this by buying an official japanese saturn scart lead...

Comment

Interesting as Japanese SCART is wired up completely differently, you would get a red non synced picture on a UK TV... I've used UK SCART leads on all the Saturns I've had, although some TVs need more voltage to switch to RGB and may display composite... the resister in the lead will normally make the switching voltage too low, hence lack of RGB picture.

Comment

In my experience, when using the official Pal RGB Scart Lead with a Japanese Saturn, you get either a flicky picture or a composite picture. 21pin RGB Scart Leads are fine.

Comment

Working...
                          X