Hdmi problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hdmi problem

Due to moving house I've had to re-buy a lot of my av leads and have come across a problem.
    I'm using the same equipment (projector, ps3, x360, hdmi switcher etc) apart from the hdmi lead that connects the projector to the hdmi switcher.
    I have it setup as projector > new hdmi lead > hdmi switcher > hdmi > ps3 I can only get a 576p signal from the ps3. Can't even get a picture out of the x360.
    When I have it projector > new hdmi lead > ps3/x360 it works perfectly at 1080i without the hdmi switcher.
    I've had the hdmi switcher for over 5 years, I'm guessing thats the problem and not the hdmi leads (2 different leads tried) that connects the ps3/x360 to the switcher.

Added:
    I tried the other powered hdmi switcher I have (was a pain to take out of the other setup) which is used on a 3 month old 3d 50inch samsung. It doesn't work with my skyHD/3d or 3D samsung blu-ray player, but works fine with the ps3 and x360. So use the hdmi ins on the tv for skyHD/3d and 3d blu-ray.
    Anyway I get absolutely nothing when I try this switcher, so don't wanna go buy something off the Internet and discover it doesnt work with my setup either.

Any idea if this is a hdmi1.3 problem with the switch boxes?
    Last edited by spinpug666; 25-03-2011, 23:18. Reason: More findings

I would say it is either the cable or switch box. I bought new HDMI switcher and it work much better than my previous one.

Comment

I ended up buying on the the cheapish (£16) tesco hdmi switchers and it works perfectly. I says 1.3b on the packaging so guessing it was that that gave me bother.

Comment

Working...
      X