PS2 Won't Load Games - Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS2 Won't Load Games - Help

I'm posting this up for my cousin as i know there are plenty of knowledgable people here.

Ok, he has got a PAL PS2. It powers-up ok, but it won't load any games. It isn't modified and the games he is trying to load are all originals.

Anyone know what the problem is?

If the Ps2 is around a year old I wouldnt be surprised if the laser on its gone. Sony should sort you out if you're still under warranty, if not you're cousin may want to buy a new PS2.

Comment

Or you could possibly get a new laser fitted for ?50 ish` ( if its out of warranty) , cheaper than a new one, depending on the model ,as the earlier ones aren`t that reliable.

Spoony.

Comment

Thanks Bash.

Cousin got it the Xmas before last, so its about 20 months old. Looks like its a new PS2.

Comment

first try one of them lens cleaners, if that doesn't work then. a new lens will be needed

Comment

I know a really cheap way to fix this problem 8) . (It happened to me )
            Go to your chemist and buy a bottle of pure ethanol for about ?3, and get some free cotton swabs. Then, open up your PS2, soak a swab in ethanol, and VERY gently clean the laser. Put the PS2 back together and hey presto! you've got yourself a new laser for about ?3 and a trip to shops. Don't thank me ma'am, I'm just doing my job.

Comment

yes u can do that, but i thought there was a special coating on the lens so you need to be careful

Comment

Working...
              X