Concerning King Of Fighters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Concerning King Of Fighters

I've never played King Of Fighters, I never even owned a Neo Geo. Anyway I was wondering which KOF games would you recommend to get a feel for the series before KOF 2001 are released.

Thanks NTSC peeps!

98 or 2002 and 2000 (with and without Strikers)

Comment

I'm quite partial to 99. In fact I just won an auction for the MVS version for $28 plus P&P, I just can't wait

I think 98 is widely viewed to be the best one, but I've only really played '96 and 99 in any depth

Comment

Originally posted by Naiera
        i hear this all the time, what is/are strikers?

Comment

Originally posted by jethro jazz
          Originally posted by Naiera
          i hear this all the time, what is/are strikers?
          hmm, how to explain...

You have a team of three characters who you can play as fully and the 4th character is the striker who you can call in to perform a move but you don't have 'proper' control of him/her...sorta like the randomly selected character in Marvel Vs Capcom if you've played that

Comment

98 tbh. My fave KOF.

Comment

Yeah man, '98 will last you for far, far, too long.
              Awesome game.

Comment

98 is probably the best 3 on 3 KoF and I would definitely recommend it.

Strikers are funny, they basically can be brought in at any time during a fight to hit your opponent (or to add hits to your combo) and you have a limited amount of times you can use them (2K is a fixed amout, 2K1 is based on the supers you have)...Some people like them some people don't. Depending on whether you like them or not will greatly sway whether its worth getting 2K or 2K1. Both of these are awesome striker based KoFs so if you like the system you should definitely consider checking them out. I personally love the striker system and think it is a great addition, it adds mass varity to the combo system.
                I would suggest looking for some movies of combos for 2K and 2K1 and see if you like the look of it....I have seen some insane stuff!! I have a 48 hit combo in KoF 2K1 with May Li using 3 strikers and a super

With 98...you can't go wrong.

Comment

Thank you all...

Comment

watched the all about snk dvd and the 2 guys who fought each other in the tournament were insane

50 plus combos whne using kim with 3 strikers

i just didnt think it was possible and i still cant do it

Comment

Working...
                    X