Ps3 fan problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ps3 fan problem

Just bought myself another 60gb ps3 as I've moved my old plasma into the bedroom so bought another one so I can watch my blu-rays in bed.
    Anyway this is the 4th 60gb ps3 I've owned and it's whisper quite for the first 5mins or so, then steps up the fan. Then after about 10mins it then goes up to full fan speed. All this is while just sitting on xmb with nothing running.
    After maybe 30mins it steps down to the mid speed while still on xmb.

I've never had any of the 3 other 60gb ps3s have this problem. So I'm kinda panicking that it's gonna yellow light on me.
    I bought it today in Game, so can still return it. It looks to be in ok condition, no where near the stinking messes that I've seen on my search for a 60gb ps3. Some looked like they had been living in a shed.

So is there anything that I should look for to sort it, or just return it?

Why didn't you get a slim if you're only gonna watch Blu-Rays? You want the quietest hardware surely?
    Last edited by J0e Musashi; 03-04-2011, 21:31.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Before I bought this one I had 2 uk 60gb, 1 jap 60gb and 1 uk 80gb ps3 systems. So the one I just bought brings me up to 3 uk 60gb ps3s.

I was putting the uk 80gb into the bedroom as it's not bc with ps2. Then one uk 60gb in the projector room, one uk 60gb in the kitchen and finally the last uk 60gb and jap 60gb ps3s hooked upto the living room plasma.

All of my other 60gb ps3s are quiet as can be except this one. You could blow dry your hair with it lol.
      Its so hard to find a good 60gb I think I'll just have to except that I'm gonna have to do without bc ps2 in the kitchen and buy a slim

Comment

Working...
      X