Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Installing ATi Catalyst Control Centre on Windows 7 under Bootcamp iMac headaches :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing ATi Catalyst Control Centre on Windows 7 under Bootcamp iMac headaches :(

I've looked at a few forums on this and seems to be an issue for a few people.

I've got Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit working perfectly through BC on my iMac, however I'm having issues updating the graphics drivers forthe Radeon 5750.

I downloaded the latest full installer from Ati, 11.3 I believe.
    I uninstalled all the current drivers and used a 'cleaner' (disksweeper) to get rid of all reg entries. Upon rebooting the system in safe mode Windows found the card and installed the drivers, however it refuses to install the new drivers and simply seems to revert back to the older ones that are seemingly put on via Bootcamp. Similarly I cannot for the life of me get CCC to run at all.

I have followed one of two guides and edited various .cfg files in the new driver folder but still cannot get CCC to run. Can anyone give me an idiot's guide to this please, as I am unsure what I am doing wrong.

Many thanks.
    Last edited by Escape-To-88; 05-04-2011, 21:33.
    3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Have you installed .net framework first?
    I found that this was required and is not included in the install package.

Comment

Yup, have all that installed. Someone suggested I try the mobility drivers rather than the complete standard install package. How did you go about the install Smouty? It may be that I'm doing one of the steps in the wrong order.

Comment

A few times I have forgot to install .net so the CCC doesn't work. I re-run the install to remove everything. Install .net and then install the driver package.
        You are using the 64bit drivers?

Comment

Yup I'm running the 64bit drivers, I even tried the older 11.2 software same issues. The .net package is definately installed - double-checked Do/did you install in Safe mode? Or do you uninstall the drivers, then reinstall before a reboot?

Comment

Working...
          X