e-mail address

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e-mail address

Can someone recommend a good e-mail address company (or host). As i'm quite fickle and change my ISP every 18 months (Virgin BB is wank at the moment so i'm changing) or so i need a generic e-mail address. I have a hotmail address but i'm not to keen. It doesn't have to be free. I need a decent size mailbox, all your usual mailbox features or it can be used with Entourage or Mail on my Mac. Hope this is clear enough....

Do what I did and register a domain through someone like http://www.123-reg.co.uk - costs about ?6 a year, and use that as your email address.

You can then use the 123-reg control panel to forward your mail to your current ISP.

I have <whateverIwant>@rjpage.co.uk this way.

Comment

Originally posted by rjpageuk
      Do what I did and register a domain through someone like http://www.123-reg.co.uk - costs about ?6 a year, and use that as your email address.

You can then use the 123-reg control panel to forward your mail to your current ISP.

That's cheap. Do you get any webspace with it, or are their domains just used for e-mail?

Comment

Originally posted by rjpageuk

Me too.

Very handy you can set yourself up with separate emails addresses if you want and redirect them anywhere.

Comment

Thanks for the quick response guys. I'll pop over there now and see what it's all about (alfie )

Comment

Originally posted by Max M
            That's cheap. Do you get any webspace with it, or are their domains just used for e-mail?
            Webspace costs extra, but you can redirect the web address also.

Comment

I use www.oneandone.co.uk
              Great service.
              Good hosting deals. I have www.charlesr.com
              \o/

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr
                I use www.oneandone.co.uk
                Great service.
                Good hosting deals. I have www.charlesr.com
                \o/
                Which package did you choose?

Comment

Home package. 4.99+vat/month

Comment

www.domainnamesales.co.uk do a 1 year hosting package for ?36 including 2 years registration of a .co.uk domain (?24 for the year just for hosting if the domain is already registered)

Comment

Do you know i've started many a game related topic and it hasn't gone on as long as this thread. Maybe you lot are telling me something

Comment

I use www.gmx.net. It's totally free - but the page is in German. If you really don't wanna pay you could maybe find your way around it.

Comment

Originally posted by ukplumber
                          Do you know i've started many a game related topic and it hasn't gone on as long as this thread. Maybe you lot are telling me something
                          Go on, make a gaming topic now - I promise I'll reply.

Comment

Working...
                          X