Dreamcast, no picture, yet again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dreamcast, no picture, yet again...

When I turn my DC on, the screen changes slightly, like it's found the signal. But no picture or sound is coming out. Could it be the RGB scart?

What I don't understand is it was working fine not long ago... Could it be because I left the top not screwed on for a few weeks? Maybe dust? Or is it just proper shagged?

Cheers.

Waggle the cable a bit. I'm forever finding its not pushed in quite enough to work right.

Also, make sure the TVs definitely on RGB and not composite. If you're getting sound but no picture that may well be the problem, as the DC's scart doesn't carry the comp signal as well.

Comment

No sound i'm afraid

Before I got nothing, I wiggled it somemore and I could tell it was picking the signal up.

I'l try some more.

On a slightly related note.

WHen you press A-C or A-B on the scart splitter, how the bloody hell do you turn it off again!! Grrr...

Comment

I've just had a very similar problem, and managed to fix it.

Have a look there, might be the same thing.

Oh, and you have to press both buttons exactly together and release them exactly together too. Or you can just thump them until they both stay out.

Comment

be careful "wiggling" the cable when the console is turned on can blow the AV port. I know from experience :/

Took my official RGB cable with it ft:

Comment

Working...
          X