Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best AV cable for PS2 slim?

Hi,

I've recently bought a PS2 slim on ebay and I need to know which AV cable gives the best picture quality for all my PS2 and PS1 games? Bearing in mind I own a Samsung LCD 1080i TV.

I've done a bit of research and it seems a component cable is the best choice. But will buying an official Sony cable give better picture quality over a third party cable?

Also will the component cable work with the original PS1 games when I play them on the slim/no compatibilty issues or anything?

cheers.

You'll want a component cable yeah. I will recommend the Official PS3 component cable.

In regards to PS1 games, as long as your TV supports 240p, then PS1 games will work fine. It's up to the TV.

Comment

I have a samsung le32a456c. Can't seem to find anything on Google about wether or not it supports 240p though...

Comment

My old cheapy Samsung had no problems with 240p so I imagine all of their hardware handles it fine.

Comment

Cheers for the replies mate.

Is there any point in me spending ?18 on an official PS3 component cable when a cheaper cable will do just as good a job?
          Last edited by Malc; 09-05-2011, 11:44. Reason: wrong link.

Comment

My friend has had third party cables that have produced ghosting. Luck of the draw really, but obviously, some cables are better than others.

Comment

I had a third party one which was terrible, caved in in the end and bought a official PS3 one last year. Managed to get it 2nd hand on ebay for under a tenner if i remember so always worth keeping an eye on there for one

Comment

Working...
              X