No sound after fresh Windows XP install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No sound after fresh Windows XP install

Hi all, i did a fresh Windows XP install on my HP G5000 laptop earlier but now i have no sound? Obviously i forgot to back up the required drivers etc. i tried to install some drivers from the HP website but now im unable to detect any audio hardware : (

any ideas on how to get my audio back?
    Last edited by gamelife; 10-05-2011, 21:53. Reason: mistake

Find the correct drivers using the model numbers on the underside of your laptop.

Comment

I'm guessing it's service pack 3?

If it is, it's because there was no high definition audio support included with sp3, they may of fixed it by now though, so try googling 'high definition audio device xp sp3'

Comment

You need the UAA driver installed before you can install the actual audio device on Windows XP. You can download it from here:

Comment

Hohum's got it.

Until you get the UAA driver, Windows won't even pick up the soundcard, let alone install the drivers to get it to work. It's like it doesn't even exist, no unknown device in device manager, nothing. Same thing happens sometimes with bluetooth. No whiff of a bluetooth device at all, then you install the stack and *bam* Windows finds a new device.

Comment

well, i tried the above and then downloded drivers from HP's site. now it says unable to find audio device?

balls

Comment

Strange question I know, is the DVD drive working?

Comment

yeh the DVD drive seems to be ok, also i can'y use my wireless device either so got to connect with my ethernet now

prob just gonna get a new laptop at some point

Comment

For now stick Windows 7 on there.

Comment

Working...
                  X