X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the best horizontal shooter I can play on an X-Box

Chipped of course

Get some Metal Slug games
    Why just horizontal? You really ought to play Guwange too, it's bloody amazing, then there's a few others in Final Burn that I cant remember right now, but I'm sure someone else will fill you in

Comment

Yeah, I've OD's on Vertical shooters, I want one thats like DoDonPachi or ESP RaDe but Horizontal.

Comment

Well, I still hold that the two best horizontal shooters ever are Nemesis and R-Type (and not the sequels for either), and I'm sure they run just fine.

Comment

Pulstar
          Last Resort
          Blazing Star
          Carrier Airwing
          R-Type Leo

Comment

Originally posted by Jashin
            Pulstar
            Last Resort
            Blazing Star
            Carrier Airwing
            R-Type Leo
            Yeah, I'm not too bad at Pulstar, but it gets a bit boring and the stupid 'press the button fast' kills your finger!

Comment

Originally posted by mid
              Well, I still hold that the two best horizontal shooters ever are Nemesis and R-Type (and not the sequels for either), and I'm sure they run just fine.
              That is so, so true, and they both run fine under MAME-X. Add to that list Salamander (both horizotal AND vertical in this game) and X-Multiply. Possibly Zexex (Japanese version).

Comment

The Thunderforce range on MD emu are tops.

Comment

I highly recommend Battle Garegga & Battle Bakraid. Both work with Final Burn.

Comment

They don't necessarily offer anything new, but fave horizointal shooters of mine (part from those already listed include) Prehistoric Isle, P-47 Freedom fighter and Strider.

Comment

Vulcan Venture - the best of all the Gradius games IMO. The Thundercross games are pretty decent too.

Comment

I'd reccomend Sengoku Blaede/Tengai. Its got the frenetic quality of a modern day vertical shooter, 'cept its horizontal-scroller. Very nice art direction and graphics to boot (ancient Japan and all that with mechanized Bhuddas and steam aircraft with gatling machine guns). I'd recommend putting this query to the shoot em up fanatics at the forums of www.shmups.com.

Comment

My personal fave horizontal is Area 88 - it's till boss now in my book

Comment

I think that Blazing Star particularly stands out amongst the various horizontal scrolling shooting games, and Hellfire on the Megadrive is excellent, and of course the R-type games are worth playing.
                            I would avoid playing emus via MameX as this doesn't seem to offer a save highscore facility, whilst mame0x does

Comment

Working...
                            X