Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help wanted on upgrading ps3 HD

Hi!

I want to upgrade my ps3 HD (think its only 40gig) so I was wondering if anyone who knew about this type of thing might be able to point me in the right direction regarding what i need and how hard it is to do.

Thanks x

It's extremely easy to do.

You remove the panel on the bottom, remove the blew screw, undo the hasp thing and slide the drive out. Insert the new drive, turn on the PS3 and it'll begin formatting it.

I think you can do a data transfer beforehand but I'm not sure about that.

You need a 2.5" SATA HDD.
    Last edited by speedlolita; 31-05-2011, 16:40.

Comment

Exactly as Speedlolita said. The fat and slim are much the same, just a different cage, but both accept the same type of disk - very simple to change.
      3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Watch this

Simples

Comment

TWELVE MINUTES. lol

Comment

cheers for your help. I'll get onto it. I have a real knack of seriously ****ing things up so I'll let you know how quickly I destroy my ps3 and how long it takes for me to set myself on fire!

Comment

Beware the screws are made of butter lol

Comment

can any one recommended sata disc to upgrade the ps3 with ?

i'm intrigued on backing up the ps3, can you just select game saves to make the backup smaller insize or does it backup installed game files etc as well ?
                Last edited by wod; 20-06-2011, 12:17.

Comment

Can't help you with the backing up side of things, I gave up when I realised I'd have to FAT32 format my External HDD in order for it to work.

As for the HDD I upgraded one for a friend last week using one of these if its any use?......

Out of stock at the moment though

Comment

You can back up all your stuff if you have PS+ to the cloud.

Here's a good HDD

Comment

As I don't have either PS+ or an external HDD, would getting the IOMAX USB 2.0 External Caddy/Enclosure do the job?
                      for using with the original Sony 40GB HDD (which I currently have) to transfer content onto the newly installed 640 GB HDD?

Comment

Working...
                      X