No announcement yet.

PS2 on HDTV-help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks again, I'll try your suggestions. It's a 40inch but I wish I had gone for the 50 while I had the cash (I went on a music buying rampage soon afterwards).

The weird thing is, some of the PS2 games look pretty damn good and not as bad as I thought they would be, and that's running through a scart lead.

Now that you mention it, I can't imagine what my PS1 would look like hooked up to it, once I get a new laser I'll find out, although I suppose I'm lucky in that I still have a CRT in the house even though it's not set up.

The custom made upscalers that were mentioned in the retro forum recently look great value for money, I wish I had one.

Comment

^Just a quick warning, though. Was browsing through my Samsung's instruction booklet and it warns against keeping the TV set in 4:3 mode for long periods of time as it can potentially cause screen burn-type problems where the left and right-hand borders are (I think this is a general warning for all HDTVs, though it might affect some tellies more than others, others maybe not at all).

Comment

Thanks again, didn't know that.

Would it be ok for a couple of hours, though?-edit 'long periods of time'-got it, thanks.

Comment

If it's the PS2 you bought from me Shinobi, then it'll work perfectly through a component cable.
          There's also a program you can get for the memory card to force 480p on most games - doesn't work for everything but makes a lot of stuff look nice
          3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Ah OK, thanks for the tip Escape. I've hardly had the chance to play any games on it for any significant time yet. Will change that soon.

Comment

Working...
            X