Anyone know a good place to buy cabs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know a good place to buy cabs?

Right, I'm just getting into the home arcade scene and have bought a few MVS carts and a mobo. I was set on a Supergun, but now I'm really beginning to want a cab. I don't want to buy a second hand cab due to the state that they are usually in. I have seen a couple that I quite like at coinopexpress:

This one is 25" with 6 buttons per player (perfect for CPS2) and everything I'd need included and costs $295

This one can be chosen in 20/21/25" for $159 and then a monitor and power supply would need to be added.

Anyone know if there is a reseller in the UK/Europe as shipping is likely to be rape on those from Hong Kong

Hi,

There aren't really any arcade resellers in the UK at all as there is bugger all demand, there are places in Germany that do sell machines but again shipping would be a problem, unless you hire a transit, drive down there and drive all the way back...

A lot of the places that did sell cheap arcade machines a few years ago have either ceased selling video games or whacked Home arcade in the front and increased the price by 3 to 10 times.

Here are a list of decent arcade re-sellers, although remember some of these people will charge VAT but some of them charge as little as ?20 to ship a machine if you live in a large city.

UK & International suppliers of coin-operated amusement games to FECs, Amusement Parks, Arcades, Single Site and Seaside Operators....

Electrocoin - Expanding the World of Play is a manufacturer and distributor of amusement and gaming machines. We supply arcade games, FEC games and gaming

Isn't that a short list...

Wouldn't recommend Arcade Warehouse as they take the piss on pricing, but apart from that there aren't very many other people left.

Distributors like Crown Leisure (http://www.crowndirect.co.uk/)and the Deith Group (http://www.deithgroup.com) still charge a lot for their games, but they do sell second hand games.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by MD
      There aren't really any arcade resellers in the UK at all as there is bugger all demand, there are places in Germany that do sell machines but again shipping would be a problem, unless you hire a transit, drive down there and drive all the way back...
      MD, once again you're the man with the info, thanks a lot

The bit I've quoted is of particular interest as my dad wants to go to Germany to buy a car or two in the near future, so it may just be possible, although my GCSE German has gone to ****

Although I want my set-up within two weeks and he wants to go within 3 months, so it may mean quite a wait. I would hire a van and go but I'm 19 and you have to be 21 to hire a car ft:

I'm gonna get hunting for German sites though to get an idea of prices

Comment

Well, bugger me backwards. For the $295 cab, shipping from HK would be $600-methinks I'm not going down that route

Comment

Lets not forget the VAT and Duty you would be charged on it. >_<

Comment

Originally posted by MD
            Lets not forget the VAT and Duty you would be charged on it. >_<
            True, and on top of it, that shipping quote was to a port, I'd be responsible for getting it back to my house
            If the shipping was ?150 to ?200 to my door I would have almost definitely taken it though but to be honest I knew it wouldn't be that low.

I've talked to my dad further and he's buying a saloon, so no room to chuck a cab in if we do go to Germany. Supergun here I come!

I pm'd you yesterday, dunno if you got it, basically I need a supergun asap. Let me know if you can sort one out

Comment

IF it was too a port then you would also be charged handling fees (handler will sort out VAT and duty on your behalf and normally can deliver it onwards but charges a lot of money...).

Did you contact any of those UK places?

I will get back to you later today.

Comment

I did contact some, but I was told by electrocoin to contact UDC, udc didn't get back to me, nor did jnc.

As a last attempt before I lay down the money for a supergun, do you have any links to arcade resellers in France/Germany etc.?

The only one I found was http://www.arcaderick.de and their cabs seem quite expensive.

Comment

Anyone know a good place to buy an arcade monitor?

Geezer

Comment

Working...
                  X