3d blu rays on my ps3 picture but no sound can anyone help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3d blu rays on my ps3 picture but no sound can anyone help please

Hi so I buy a nice new 3d tv time to try the ps3 so. I can get a picture 3d. And surround sound on ps3 games on my amp, but when I try a 3d blu ray. I cannot get a picture or sound the screen goes blank, I hooked the ps3 to the tv and the 3d blu ray was fine so I guess it's an amp problem. Anyone have a answer why 3d games are ok but blu rays seem to be. No goThanks

Are the HDMI cables you are using 3D compatible? Same goes for the amp, particularly if it is a few years old.

Not 100% sure but could be something like that the PS3 outputs 3D games as 720p but 3D blu rays will be at 1080p.

Edit: Should clarify why I added the last point - basically some HDMI cables can't handle 3D, some can't even handle 1080p (I had one that dropped out every few minutes). I'm just wondering if the cable you have can somehow manage 720p and 3D but the higher resolution and 3D become too much for it to handle.
    Last edited by koopatroopa90; 05-08-2011, 12:03.

Comment

You need a 3D compatible amp.

Comment

Yeah sounds like your amp isn't compatible with 3D Blu-Rays...you could try hooking up your PS3 directly to the TV and then putting the sound through your amp over optical, although you'd lose HD audio/PCM and just have to use regular DTS/DD 5.1.

Comment

Gutted I think it's the amp it's 2 years old. But all my hdmi are 1.4 3d capable Is the optical route likely to work. At least it's gives me. DD which s better than nothing

Comment

Yup can't see a reason why you wouldn't be able to use optical to carry the sound and HDMI the picture. You might need to change the audio output settings on your PS3 though to make it work.

Comment

Optical will work, and to be honest, unless you have a perfectly sound-treated room, seriously high end speakers, and one hell of a pair of ears, you probably won't be able to hear any difference between the lossy sound and the lossless compression.

I mean - when was the last time you listened to a lossy audio track and could hear compression artefacts... some studio engineers can't even tell the difference.

Comment

Optical didn't work so far I'm stumped
                Last edited by arcnas; 05-08-2011, 17:53.

Comment

Sorry guys ideas ive now got my ps3 linked to tv for blu ray. Picture , but I've connected the optical. And still no sound from amp now any ideas or am I stuck using the tv speakers for my 3 d. Blu ray

Comment

Have you gone into the PS3 sound settings and set it either to multi out or specifically for optical? Otherwise it will still be trying to send sound via HDMI.

Comment

I did go in and set it to optical for sound. But still no sound. I don't know if there is a solution to this one

Comment

What is the model of your amp? Even if it doesnt support HD audio formats it will support it as PCM.

Comment

Try PS3 Settings/video options/ BD audio settings optical and change it to Bitstream.

Comment

Will Try that later the amp is a den on avr 1909 it's about 2 to 3 years old it does hd audio through normal blu rays fine just not my 3d blu rays

Comment

Guess when you chose optical in the sound settings you ticked DTS & DD 5.1?

HDMI 1.4 has increased bandwith/pin use so can accept both 1080p 3D and lossy sound. That might explain why your amp can't do sound with 3D bluray??

Comment

Working...
                              X